Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee is one of the leading institutions of national importance in higher technology education, engineering, fundamental and applied research. Since its inception, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the country with technical skills, know-how, and research. The Institute is one of the best technological universities in the world, contributes to all sectors of technological development, is an advanced educational center in the field of education, research, science, technology, engineering.
In October 1996, the institute celebrated its half-century anniversary and celebrated more than 170 years since its foundation. Roorkee College was founded in 1847 as the first college of engineering, was renamed Thomason College of Civil Engineering in 1854, and received university status in 1948.
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee offers campus accommodation for boys, girls, family students. In total, the university has opened 10 hostels for boys, 3 hostels for girls, 6 hostels for couples.
Each hostel has a state-of-the-art cyber cafe run by students. All hostels are fully Wi-Fi connected, including the Bhawan dining rooms in a quiet, clean, aesthetic environment.
The Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee offers student clubs. The circles of interest, Alaknanda and Jawahar clubs are based in indoor sports facilities, use seven billiard and snooker tables, Carrom boards, chess boards, table tennis and table football tables. The hobby club also has sections on stargazing, philately, numismatics, and robotics. The clubs have reading rooms with many newspapers, magazines, a television room for more than a hundred people.
List of circles of interest:
The Indian Institute of Technology is located on three campuses:
The campus has excellent sports facilities, well-groomed stadiums for all sports.
For detailed information about the tuition fee and additional charges international students can contact to SMAPSE local manager.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.