Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee
Description of Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee
- Year of foundation: 1949;
- Location: Roorkee, India;
- Students age: from 18 years.;
- Number of students: 8000 people;
- Language of instruction: English, Hindi;
- Type of study: state university.
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee is one of the leading institutions of national importance in higher technology education, engineering, fundamental and applied research. Since its inception, the Institute has played a vital role in providing the country with technical skills, know-how, and research. The Institute is one of the best technological universities in the world, contributes to all sectors of technological development, is an advanced educational center in the field of education, research, science, technology, engineering.
In October 1996, the institute celebrated its half-century anniversary and celebrated more than 170 years since its foundation. Roorkee College was founded in 1847 as the first college of engineering, was renamed Thomason College of Civil Engineering in 1854, and received university status in 1948.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee
Accommodation, meals, prices
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee offers campus accommodation for boys, girls, family students. In total, the university has opened 10 hostels for boys, 3 hostels for girls, 6 hostels for couples.
Each hostel has a state-of-the-art cyber cafe run by students. All hostels are fully Wi-Fi connected, including the Bhawan dining rooms in a quiet, clean, aesthetic environment.
Activities Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee
The Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee offers student clubs. The circles of interest, Alaknanda and Jawahar clubs are based in indoor sports facilities, use seven billiard and snooker tables, Carrom boards, chess boards, table tennis and table football tables. The hobby club also has sections on stargazing, philately, numismatics, and robotics. The clubs have reading rooms with many newspapers, magazines, a television room for more than a hundred people.
List of circles of interest:
- The photo art;
- Software Development Section.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee offers bachelor's courses in 10 disciplines of engineering and architecture, master's degrees in 55 disciplines of engineering, applied sciences, architecture, planning. The Institute has opportunities for doctoral work in all departments and research centers.
- The main goal of the undergraduate degree at IIT Roorkee is to empower students with confidence to confront wide-ranging changes in technology, environment and governance. This includes design, development, construction, manufacturing, management and business, higher education in selected or related interdisciplinary fields of study.
- The Institute pays great attention to helping students develop character, self-confidence, and managerial skills. To achieve these goals, the curriculum places more emphasis on learning rather than teaching. Efforts are made to encourage self-learning, creative thinking, critical appraisal, a spirit of exploration and a culture of lifelong learning.
- The institute is engaged in advanced research, offering doctoral and postdoctoral programs in advanced technology and natural sciences.
Facilities and equipment at Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee
The Indian Institute of Technology is located on three campuses:
- Campus of 365 acres in Roorkee;
- 25 acre campus in Saharanpur;
- A 10-acre campus in the center of the Greater Noida expansion.
The campus has excellent sports facilities, well-groomed stadiums for all sports.
Admission dates and extra charges
For detailed information about the tuition fee and additional charges international students can contact to SMAPSE local manager.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Undergraduate Admission: Admission to undergraduate courses is carried out only after passing the entrance examination (JEE).
- Admission to Doctorate: The candidate will be assessed for their competence in communication skills in English at a workshop + will have to complete a communication skills course conducted by the Institute's Department of Humanities, Social Sciences.
Scholarships Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee
- Merit-Cum-Neans (MCM);
- Fee Waiver / Refund For First Year;
- Inspire Scholarship IITR;
- Excellence in Doctoral Researchel Award-IITR.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.