Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is committed to the quality of teaching, research, training and dissemination. The institution acts as a national resource center for expertise and infrastructure in the ODL system – open and distance learning. As a world leader in distance education, IGNOU has been awarded the Commonwealth of Learning Award (COL), Canada.
The university began offering two academic programs in 1987: a diploma in management and a diploma in distance learning, which enrolled 4,528 students.
Today, it caters to the educational aspirations of more than 3 million (!) students in India and other countries through:
The university offers about 200 programs of certificates, diplomas, degrees and doctoral students. Disciplines are conducted by about 250 teachers and 230 specialists at headquarters and regional centers, as well as more than 35,000 scientific consultants from traditional higher education institutions, professional organizations and industry.
All regional centers are located in India. IGNOU's main campus is located in Maidan Garhi, New Delhi.
Training at the university takes place in semesters, at the end of each of them - exam week.
Documents can be submitted in July or December.
Applicants will have to pass entrance tests, the results of which should be provided from March to April or from September to October.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.