Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) is an autonomous public engineering and research institution in India. The school started its history in 1959. In 1961, the university was declared an educational institution of national importance. It includes seven institutes. The main building of the Technological Institute in Madras is located in the city of Chennai.
The Institute of Technology in Madras is included in the list of prestigious universities in India, as well as in the TOP-5 of the best educational institutions in the national rating. The institution regularly takes a place in 5% of the world's leading universities.
According to statistics, the strongest spheres of education here are:
This institution has earned authority as one of the best in quality education. This parameter is included in the TOP-300 world rating. Local and foreign employers are interested in graduating from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
Information on the training program can be found on the official website of the school.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras can be considered small, since it can accommodate no more than 10,000 students. Get education here can both local citizens and foreigners (their percentage is 2% of the total number of entrants). The academic staff of the university is represented by 619 specialists, some of whom are professors and scientists from abroad. The university cooperates with many educational institutions of the world, which enables students and teachers to participate in programs for international exchange. The University is a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
IITM shares information about student life in such social networks as: Twitter, YouTube.
For students, a library is available in the building. The campus has 18 hostels, of which three are exclusively for girls.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.