Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Description of Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Established: 1952
- Location: Wuhan, Hubei Province, China
- Students age: 17+
- Number of students: 50,000
- Language of instruction: English, Chinese
- Type of studying: mixed.
Huazhong University of Science and Technology is a state university in Wuhan, a member of the prestigious Chinese association Project 985. HUST is the largest center for science and technology in China, it is one of the four universities in the republic that have the right to open laboratories. The university owns one of the country's five national laboratories for optoelectronics, as well as a high magnetic field center, a center for gravity research and many others.
HUST is a multidisciplinary educational institution offering programs in 12 areas, most of them in English:
- Social Sciences
- Humanitarian sciences
- Business and economics
- Life sciences.
The university was founded in 1952 and named Huazhong Institute of Technology, and in 2000 the university was expected to merge with a medical school and a construction academy - then the educational institution received its modern name Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
- 6% = foreign students
- 98 undergraduate programs
- 214 master's courses
- 183 doctoral programs
- 3000 teachers.
- US News 2020: 209 in the world, 28 in Asia, 10 in China
- ARWU-2020: 101-150 place in the world: 5-8 place in China
- THE-2020: 301-350 in the world, 10 in China
- China University Ranking-2020: 7 in China
- China Best University Ranking-2020: 8 in China.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Accommodation, meals, prices
International students can stay at a university hotel or rent an apartment. Near the campus there are 4 student dormitories with rooms for 1-4 people with different levels of amenities and prices. All rooms in hostels have an air conditioning system, utilities, individual places for rest and study. Accommodation at the hotel is suitable for students of short-term programs: room rates per day from $ 150.
Facilities and equipment at Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Wuhan - the capital of Hubei province - is located on the banks of the Yangtze. The main campus is located in a picturesque area near the lake, the medical school - the university's second campus - is located in the main business district of the city. The university has two campuses in Wuhan, which cover over 467 hectares. The campus is a developed academic infrastructure surrounded by forest cover: it is no coincidence that HUST is called "forest university" - 72% of its territory is covered with forests.
Research and academic infrastructure of the university:
- National Laboratory for New Generation Internet Systems
- Engineering and Technology Center
- Information Technology Research Center
- Optoelectronics laboratory
- High magnetic field center
- Gravity Research Center
- 4 libraries
- 3 hospitals.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Extract grades with transcript
- English Proficiency Certificate
- Bank statement on financial solvency.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.