- European camps with learning English: advantages for foreign students
- Summer European Camps: Programs and Courses for Students
- The best summer camps in Europe: cost, price, ranking
Every year, tens of thousands of students from all over the world go to summer vacations in Europe. Holiday programs include active rest and classes in schools, colleges, universities, linguistic and educational centers - many of them are very prestigious, regularly rank high in the rankings and have excellent reviews. Parents who care about the education of their children can always find a suitable course among a large number of proposals.
European camps with learning English: advantages for foreign students
The advantages of studying in Europe:
- Carefully designed and quality educational programs
- Complete language immersion (classes + communication + active practice)
- A wide variety of establishments
- Available for children with poor language skills
- Active extracurricular life (sports, creativity, hobbies and other)
- Excursions, events, entertainment
- There are special academic programs
- Organization at the highest level
- Providing comfortable accommodation and meals
- Graduate Teachers of English
- Highly qualified staff and staff
- Different prices and costs, you can find an option for any financial opportunity.
Today, most European countries offer summer vacation programs with the study of English, as this is the main language of world communication, office work and business, it is owned by about 380 million people in more than 100 countries. The most popular destinations are:
- Czech Republic
Summer European Camps: Programs and Courses for Students
Students are divided into groups by age and level of ownership, for each group certain methods and styles of work are applied. Teachers have exceptionally high qualifications and experience working with foreign students. In small classes (up to 10-14 people) a friendly atmosphere is created, where everyone feels comfortable and receives explanations on all difficult issues and topics. A wide variety of courses is available, among which everyone chooses a suitable course:
- Preparation for exams
- Academic English.
Fast and high-quality progress in knowledge is facilitated by constant communication in English outside of classes, at events and excursions, in everyday life. Language immersion involves a constant practice, and, as a result, better mastery of the material that has been passed.
Education includes additional activity:
- Different kinds of sport and creativity (to choose from)
- Excursions and trips
- Holidays and events
- Cinema, theaters, museums, entertainment centers.
Saturated extracurricular life is an important component of the course: here the students not only have fun, but get acquainted with the culture and history of the country, acquire new friends, adapt to the way of life. Lessons are held in the morning and before lunch (the exception is the most intensive courses). Afternoon is devoted to extra-curricular activities, on weekends, large excursions are often held. The schedule can have a certain bias:
The host takes care of all the questions about accommodation and meals. The most common type is the residence. Students are accommodated in special hostels on campus in comfortable rooms with 1 or 2-bed bedrooms, common living rooms, kitchens, meals run 3 to 5 times a day. The second most popular type is the host family: the students settle in a family house from among the local residents, spend the day in the camp, and return home at night, communicate with family members, and spend time with them. Breakfast and dinner are held at home, and lunch is in the camp. All families are carefully selected by the staff. In some cases, the hotel or apartment is rented, and all issues related to meals are discussed with the camp staff.
The cost differs from country to country, from program to program. The total cost usually includes:
- English lessons
- Academic disciplines (if available)
- Sport and creativity
- Cultural and recreational activities
- Accommodation and meals
- Educational aids
- Medical insurance (not always).
Not included in the price:
- Visa issues
- Personal pocket expenses
- Additional lessons
- Additional amenities (for example, premium accommodation).
It is better to plan a summer vacation and book a place in advance: for participation it is necessary to submit an application, provide a package of documents, make a payment and issue a visa.
The best summer camps in Europe: cost, price, ranking
Examples of a summer camp in Europe:
- Balliol College Oxford Royal, Oxford, Britain. Varieties: engineering; level up; preparation for IELTS or SAT; jurisprudence, finance and business; medicine; right; leadership; preparation for the university; programming; physics; chemistry; Academy of Cinema; architecture. From 4,200 £ in 2 weeks.
- Agora Lledo International School, Valencia, Spain. Provides an effective educational course for students to enroll in IB (International Baccalaureate). Includes classes in disciplines: mathematics, literature, drama and theatrical art, English / Spanish, art and creativity, history, geography, science (exact, natural, humanitarian). From 1,000 € per week.
- Lovell International Camp, Montreux, Switzerland. Development of leadership skills for high school students, includes active English classes and a variety of seminars and lectures, improving communicative qualities, ways to resolve conflicts and much more. Also there is a standard course "English + rest". From 6,000 ₣ for 3 weeks.
- St Andrews University Oxford Royal, St. Andrews, Scotland. Varieties: law, cinema, architecture, leadership, business leadership, engineering, medicine. Professional academic courses for senior students (16-18 years). A unique nature, a huge number of events, lectures and seminars. From 4,400 £ in 2 weeks.
- Amadeus International School Vienna, Vienna, Austria. Classes and recreation for students in a renowned educational institution. There are 20 lessons per week, students attend a lot of activities and lead an active lifestyle. From 1,100 € per week.
- Alpadia Berlin-Werbellinsee, Berlin, Germany. A balanced study of all aspects of linguistics: grammar, vocabulary, listening, reading, writing, developing conversational skills and correctly expressing one's thoughts. Numerous trips and excursions. From 800 € per week.
- Megeve International Language Camps, Megeve, France. Courses: recreation and entertainment, piano, dancing and drama, mountains and mountaineering. Classes with professional trainers and instructors, hiking, outdoor recreation. From 1,800 € per week.
- Gentium Schola Opitergium (International School of Talents), Venice, Italy. Education for the senior schoolboys showing talents in the most different areas: cookery, music, art, sports. A very busy and active schedule, ideal for open and sociable people. From 1,800 € per week.
Summer vacations in Europe are an ideal option for those who care about the education and well-being of their child. A good knowledge of English opens many doors, and the unique experience of living in another country gives an opportunity to broaden your horizons and be more open. Anyone who has spent a vacation in one of the summer camps will never regret it!