Jumeirah College in Dubai
Description of Jumeirah College in Dubai
- Year of foundation: 1999;
- Location: Al Safa, Dubai, UAE;
- Age of students: 7–18
- Number of students: 1000+;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type of study: private day school.
A private co-educational secondary school for pupils aged 7 to 18 follows the British national curriculum, offering A-level after 16 years. Opened in 1999, since then it has been relentlessly expanding and investing in development, which has gained a reputation in the local community and in the international educational market.
The student body is multicultural: representatives of over 60 countries study here (74% of students have a passport of Great Britain or former British colonies), the program is taught in English. Students prepare for the SAT Key Stage exams, GCSE exams, AS and A2 levels, and, ultimately, for admission to higher education institutions of their choice.
The college develops its own curriculum adjusted for the skills necessary for academic and professional success. Much attention is paid to the skills of interpersonal communication, the art of presentation, performing arts. Great importance is given not only to languages, natural sciences and mathematics, but also to Arabic and Muslim education, in particular - national culture, art, peculiarities of history, economic and political life.
Faculties and colleges
Jumeirah College has established a traditional system of faculties, or Houses, for British schools in the United Kingdom and abroad. There are four of them: Fihri (green), Majid (yellow), Gibran (blue) and Sina (red). The houses are headed by captains - students of the 13th grade, who have passed a thorough selection procedure, as well as the heads of the Houses - teachers responsible for organizational issues and the program of events during the school year. Faculties annually compete with each other for the prize of the school, participate in sports competitions.
Things to know about
In 2016-2017 and 2020, the school received the Alps Award, a British organization that collects information on the performance and performance of schools in the context of 3,000 educational institutions in connection with the GCSE and A-level exams.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Jumeirah College in Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
Located in a quiet and prosperous area of Al Safa. Within walking distance there is everything you need for a full life, including cafes and restaurants, a public and university library (available for students by appointment), a shopping center, several parks.
Activities Jumeirah College in Dubai
The college offers a wide range of extracurricular activities – from creative to sporting, both individual and team– including the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Teenagers can study in one of 60 clubs, circles, musical and creative teams or sports teams, to establish their own.
Netball and football teams occasionally rank high in DASSA league competitions.
Extracurricular activities are divided into three subgroups: morning, from 6:30 to 7:15, lunch - from 12:00 to 12:30 and extended day, starting from 15:10-16:30 and lasting several hours.
- High level of academic performance in external examinations;
- Maturity, independence and responsibility of students, support of class teachers;
- Rich choice of subjects and a wide range of extracurricular activities;
- Stimulating leadership courses and programs;
- High quality of teaching, paying great attention to the problems and successes of students.
Facilities and equipment at Jumeirah College in Dubai
All classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, digital projectors, and wireless network connectivity with high-speed broadband access. The school is also equipped with a number of facilities, including a video conferencing room for distance learning courses, a communication and resource center, and a design and technology kit (for graphic design, woodwork, metal and plastic). There is a drama studio, a music studio with rehearsal rooms, an art hall, science laboratories, indoor and outdoor dining areas.
A large selection of sports facilities is also available, including:
- a multi-purpose air-conditioned gym and sports hall, equipped with separate locker rooms for boys and girls;
- 25-meter outdoor heated swimming pool with two changing rooms, towers and a "paddling pool",
- outdoor tennis courts,
- netball courts,
- lawns with areas for recreation and sports games.
The state-of-the-art student-centered campus offers a wide range of technical and scientific resources specifically designed or adapted to enable teens to realize their learning and personal needs to the fullest.
In particular, we are talking about:
- Design and Technology Suite, which includes a graphic design room, two general-profile workshops for working with wood, metal, plastic and other materials, a CADCAM room, 7 special scientific laboratories of various profiles and 3 full-time scientists.
- More than 400 computers connected to the school network (it is possible to use your own devices);
- Communication and Resource Center, where, along with an impressive library of educational, reference and fiction literature, periodicals and media materials, students have access to 24 computers with the ability to access full-text reference resources and databases on the Internet;
- Two music classrooms, a music technology laboratory and a modern recording studio, six isolated rooms for vocal or music lessons. Students have at their disposal a wide range of wind, string and percussion instruments, electronic equipment;
- Two drama studios equipped with modern sound and lighting equipment;
- Three spacious art studios with natural panoramic lighting;
- Comfortable shaded inner and outer courtyards, quiet areas with open areas, numerous cafes with a wide selection of healthy snacks and delicious hot dishes of national and pan-European cuisine.
The school is equipped with a full-fledged medical center with two full-time nurses and a doctor; if necessary, students can receive advice and first aid.
Admission dates and extra charges
In addition to tuition fees, new students pay a non-refundable registration deposit of 10% of the tuition fee; payment of the deposit must be made after acceptance of the Offer Letter.
Valid students pay a deposit of 5% upon re-registration; this deposit is also non-refundable.
The college does not offer dormitory services, students decide on their own accommodation and accommodation issues. There is a school bus delivery service; buses are equipped with video surveillance systems, GPS, scanners to confirm attendance and increase the safety of students.
Tuition fees must be carried out in semesters or in advance payment for the year. The amount of tuition fees does not include uniforms, excursions, stationery, additional classes, exam fees and transportation costs. The school bus service is paid, the cost depends on the length of the route and ranges from 5 to 11 thousand AED per year.
Admission is carried out in accordance with the described procedure. Despite the fact that Jumeirah College is an inclusive school, a significant number of applications does not allow to meet the demand in full. Upon admission, all applicants undergo a CAT cognitive ability test, provide school certificates and certificates from their current school. When enrolling, the results of Olympiads, extracurricular activities, successes in the field of art, music, drama and sports are taken into account.
The sisters/brothers of college children have an advantage over the rest of the applicants.
The admission procedure includes the following steps:
- Submission of an application in electronic form,
- Initial consideration of applications, if necessary - request for additional documents,
- Evaluation day (potential students go through the interview procedure, take tests, are evaluated by subject teachers),
- Consideration of applications. In case of a positive decision, the applicant will receive a conditional or unconditional invitation to take a place in the school. To do this, you must reply to the letter and pay a non-refundable deposit of 10% of the cost of the first year of study.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The Jumeirah College recruits students on a general basis. However, students who come from unrelated primary schools go through an entrance test, and high school students go through an interview and selection. A separate procedure and requirements are provided for Sixth Form students: it is necessary to obtain 6 x 9-5 grades (A*-C) on the GCSE, of which two are in English and mathematics.In addition, applicants must meet the subject categories of at least three A-level or BTEC from among those who intend to study.
A number of documents must be attached to the application for admission to the college:
- A copy of the applicant's passport with a visa (if any);
- A copy of passports or UAE identity cards of both parents;
- A copy of the last finished certificate of the applicant, previous interim reports (if any);
- Vaccination and medical record.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Jumeirah College in Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.