The Westminster School – Dubai
Description of The Westminster School – Dubai
- Location: Dubai, UAE,
- Year of foundation: 1995,
- Number of students: more than 5000,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
The Westminster School – Dubai is a private school that provides education for children from 3 to 18 years old.
The institution was opened in 1995 and until 2001 experienced great changes: the campus expanded, the number of both academic and extracurricular programs increased. In 2019, a large-scale renovation was completed, which updated most of the classrooms - now the school boasts modern equipment, comfortable and bright classrooms, many recreation areas and, of course, a security system.
Currently, about 5,000 people study on campus, among whom more than 70 nationalities are represented. This fact makes The Westminster School – Dubai the largest English language school in the UAE.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The Westminster School – Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
There are no equipped accommodation facilities on campus.
In the large dining room on site during breaks, students can buy healthy snacks and drinks. The kitchen works daily, taking care of healthy food and cooking food without allergens, a lot of sugar and flavors. Hygiene and strict quality control of products are a priority.
Activities The Westminster School – Dubai
Extracurricular life of students is diverse: many excursions, educational trips, hikes, projects are available to children of all ages. On a regular basis, students visit the sights of the city and the nearest emirates, gain safety and survival skills in trips to nature, expand their horizons at museum exhibitions and theatrical performances.
The school has created interest clubs that allow students to develop in a hobby and gain new experience by communicating with like-minded people. Areas include debate, public speaking and public speaking, music classes and needlework, cooking and others. Special and quite numerous in terms of the number of participants are:
- The environmental community is part of the UN programme,
- Multimedia club for lovers of computer technology.
Competitions are held in such extracurricular activities as sports, dance, quizzes, art, music, essay writing and public speaking.
Westminster School organises two major events each year, a marathon and a youth football competition, in which several schools take part.
- Accreditation from the Knowledge and Human Development Authority, the Ministry of Education, Cambridge International, Oxford AQA and Pearson Edexcel in the UK,
- The institution is recognized by the Microsoft Showcase School and has a Common Sense Digital Citizenship certification, which allows students to learn digital technologies,
- The school has the status of a Cambridge Scholarship Centre of Excellence,
- The Dubai Schools Inspection Board assessed the institution as "Good",
- Multinationality among students.
Facilities and equipment at The Westminster School – Dubai
The school's campus is located in Al Qusais, Dubai. On the territory there are many comfortable and safe places for learning, sports, creativity and recreation:
- Three libraries with books, periodicals and access to electronic resources,
- Six scientific laboratories of chemistry, biology and physics,
- Five computer classes,
- Lecture halls,
- Indoor playground for kindergarten students,
- Audiovisual room with multimedia equipment for primary classes,
- Studios of creativity: dance, drama, music, art and crafts,
- Dining room
- Two medical offices
- Book and uniform store.
Special attention should be paid to the sports infrastructure of the institution:
- Outdoor areas for basketball and volleyball, football, hockey, athletics,
- Indoor halls for badminton, gymnastics, chess, table tennis and cricket.
The school has a bus fleet of 50 buses. The routes extend beyond Dubai to the neighboring Emirates of Sharjah and Ajman.
Admission dates and extra charges
Important dates of the academic year:
- Autumn term: August 29-December 11,
- Winter holidays: December 12-30,
- Spring Term: January 2-March 26,
- Spring break: March 27-April 7,
- Summer Term: April 10-June 26,
- Summer holidays: June 27-August 28.
Classes take place on weekdays, with activities starting after lessons or on weekends.
- Annual fees – 100$,
- Computer usage fee – $55 per year,
- Registration fee — 145$,
- Meals on campus,
- School uniform.
The admission process includes a few simple steps:
- Fill in the online application form,
- Wait for a message from the admissions office within 24 hours,
- Upload the required documents to your personal account,
- Pay the registration fee,
- Pass an interview or entrance tests,
- Expect an official invitation.
The majority of students in the final grade received excellent marks in the exams, which allowed more than 752 students of 58 nationalities to enter their chosen universities. Among the universities over the past few years, Stanford, Cambridge, the University of Chicago, Yale and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have been leading.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission of new students begins in November. Applicants must provide personal documents, a certificate or reports for the last two years from the previous school and a certificate of english proficiency. English is the main language of teaching and communication in the institution, so a conversational level will be required. It is enough for those entering the lower grades to know the basics of the language.
Admission is subject to availability.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about The Westminster School – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.