Dokuz Eylul University
Description of Dokuz Eylul University
- Location: Izmir, Turkey
- Year of foundation: 1982
- Language of instruction: Turkish, English
- Number of students: about 70 000
- Type of education: mixed.
Dokuz Eylul University(DEU)is one of the largest universities in Turkey. Currently, the university has several faculties of different profiles:
- Pedagogy, education
- Applied Sciences
- Fine arts
- Maritime Affairs
- Jurisprudence, law
- Economics, management
For 2021-2022, about 70,000 students of postgraduate education programs, bachelor's and junior degrees study at DEU. The teaching staff includes more than 3200 academic, 5100 administrative staff. Many of the teachers have the status of professor, associate professor, doctor.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Dokuz Eylul University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university dormitory has 30 rooms for 1-4 people. All rooms are equipped with:
- Bathrooms, toilets
- Hot water – 24 hours a day
- Air conditioner
- Mini fridge
- Television set
- Breakfast is included in the price.
Guest Hotel Dokuz Eylul is equipped with 44 single and double rooms: 22 on the beach, 22 on land. There are also several luxury rooms, apartments for newlyweds. In the hotel:
- Air conditioner
- Cleaning, change of linen, towels
- Appliances: kettle, hair dryer, TV, telephone
The hotel provides a buffet breakfast.
The guest house, located on the Tinaztepe campus in buka district, consists of 24 double rooms in block A, 47 single rooms in block B.
It provides accommodation for research assistants, master's and doctoral students.
Activities Dokuz Eylul University
Extracurricular activities are developed in several directions: sports, creativity, social work. The largest student clubs:
- Musical Rock Club
- Volunteer community
- Water Sports Club
- Association of Photographers
- Sailing Club
- Cycling community.
- More than 1500 foreign students from 102 countries
- One of the pilot universities for the implementation of the internationalization strategy
- Exchange programs for 355 agreements: Erasmus, Mevlana
- International academic cooperation with 76 educational and research centers.
Facilities and equipment at Dokuz Eylul University
GEU is located in the city of Izmir, the pearl of the Aegean Sea. The city is famous for its mild climate, multicultural social life, strong economy. In Izmir you can meet many students, artists, scientists.
There are six public and two private universities in the city. Thanks to economic stability, students have the opportunity for good internships and quick employment.
GEU has several campuses throughout Izmir:
- 10 institutes
- Buildings of 15 faculties
- 8 vocational schools
- Research Hospital
- More than 50 research centers.
The DEU library contains 361,118 printed books, more than 459,000 e-books, 99,620 electronic journals.
The Sabanci Palace of Culture, built with the support of the Sabanci Foundation, consists of two main sections on an area of 5,000 sq. m.:
- Concert hall, foyer, orchestra pit for the organization of theatrical, opera, dance, concert, exhibition events
- Acoustic hall with lighting equipment.
The university has three kindergartens for children of students from 3 to 6 years old.
Admission dates and extra charges
Upon admission, each student is assigned an academic advisor. Academic supervisors strive to inform students about the goals of professional development and career, to contribute to the adaptation of students to university life.
There are two semesters in the academic year, the education lasts from September to July. The cost of education is updated annually.
- Accommodation, meals
- Medical care
- Study supplies
- Kindergarten services – 37-43€ per 4 months.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
General requirements for applicants to the DEU:
- Registration in your personal account on the official website of the university
- Diploma of completion of the previous stage of education
- Official transcripts
- Standard Tests (SAT/ACT)
- Registration fee
- Bank receipt for deposit / tuition fees
- 6 color photos (4.5 x 6 cm)
- Personal documents (passport, medical insurance, residence permit, etc.).
International students must provide:
- Residence permit. Within a month after entering Turkey, you must apply for a residence permit at the Provincial Migration Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkey
- Health Insurance
- Turkish Language Proficiency Certificate issued by DEDAM, TOMER or Yunus Emre Institute
- A document confirming the income to ensure residence in Turkey.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Dokuz Eylul University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.