Ondokuz Mayýs University
Description of Ondokuz Mayýs University
Ondokuz Mayýs University (abbreviated as OMU ) is an educational institution of the state type that has been active in scientific and academic activities since the beginning of the distant 1975 in Turkey. Currently, the University has its small student campus in the city of Samsun.
This university in Turkey belongs to the category of large ones, since about 45,000 people take a course here annually. The teaching staff of the university was presented by 2,400 teachers of the highest category.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ondokuz Mayýs University
Ondokuz Mayýs University is continuously included in the top 30 universities in Turkey. The university is consistently well-positioned without leaving the top 30 best universities in Turkey.
Facilities and equipment at Ondokuz Mayýs University
Students have a large scientific library. Among other things, students can get housing in a dormitory on campus. The university eagerly shares experiences and develops, as evidenced by its entry into such scientific groups and associations as the International Association of Universities (IAU) and European University Association (EUA).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to join the ranks of students of this higher educational institution, each applicant is obliged to submit documents on time and also successfully pass the entrance exams. The special admission committee of the university accepts documents from both local residents and visitors from different countries under the same conditions. Students can study either internally or remotely. Each academic year at the university is traditionally divided into two semesters for the country.
Tuition fees at Ondokuz Mayýs University
The university teaches students for a fee. Although students can always cover part of the costs, they will receive a scholarship subject to good academic performance. Future bachelors and masters pay for each semester 1250 US dollars. Among other things, the university also offers those who wish to take an active part in various programs of student and academic exchange at the international level.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Ondokuz Mayýs University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.