The oldest educational institution in Turkey is Istanbul Technical University (ITU). It began operating in 1773 as the Royal School of Naval Technology. Over time, this institution changed the profile of training, and in 1883 it was already the Engineering Academy, which then gained the status of a higher educational institution and in 1944 became part of the Istanbul Technical University.
In the national rating the university occupies high positions, as it stably enters the TOP 10 of the best educational institutions of the country. In the international list of the most worthy institutions of higher education, the institution is currently at 608 place. The quality of teaching here is high.
To date, Istanbul Technical University is one of the most prestigious and honorary educational institutions in Turkey. There are a lot of people who want to get education here. Employers have an increased interest in the graduates of this institution.
Information on the training program can be found on the official website of the school.
ITU for the entire period of its activity has produced a large number of students who have become famous throughout the world. Among them, presidents, ministers, businessmen and politicians:
Among the teachers are Karla Terzagi, Jahita Arfa (taught mathematics), Rudolf Belling (sculptor), Aikuta Barka (seismologist), Mustafa Inana (engineer).
The main campus of Istanbul Technical University is territorially located in the picturesque city of Istanbul. Other buildings are in the cities of Maslak, Tuzla, Tashyshla, Gyumushsu and Machka. The structure of the university includes:
The university is equipped with everything necessary for comfortable living and teaching.
ITU is a member of such associations as the European University Association and the Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.