Napier University Summer Camp
Description of Napier University Summer Camp
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
- Age of students: 12-17 years
- Total number of children in the camp: 90 people
- Language of instruction: English.
Edinburgh Napier summer camp is located on the territory of Edinburgh University Napier - one of the largest universities in the UK. The campus of the camp is located in the city center, which is ideal for introducing students to Edinburgh, its attractions. All pupils are given daily tickets for scheduled visits to the city.
In addition to Edinburgh, students will be able to visit Glasgow, St Andrews, Stirling.
Children under the age of 12 are accepted at Edinburgh Napier, provided that group leaders take full responsibility for them throughout the program. There are 10 children per adult if there are those under the age of 12.
Countries from which more children come:
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Napier University Summer Camp
Accommodation, meals, prices
The residential buildings of the camp are surrounded by landscaped gardens. Students live in the dormitory in single rooms with bathrooms, shared kitchens, living rooms on the ground floor of the building.
For students provided:
- Bed linen, towel with weekly change
- Fully furnished living rooms: beds, desks, wardrobes, bathrooms
- Laundry – extra charge
- Common rooms with TV, billiard tables
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner in the dining room on the Merchistion campus.
Host families are 35 minutes from Edinburgh Napier. Students live in single, double rooms, for them tickets for 7 days are provided.
Activities Napier University Summer Camp
The number of activities depends on the time spent in the camp, but some of them are regular and mandatory:
- Welcome, farewell party
- Themed discos
- Karaoke, talent show
- Movie Nights
- Sports tournaments: football, volleyball, badminton, basketball.
Attractions that Edinburgh Napier students will visit:
- Edinburgh: Camera Obscura, World of Illusions, Hard Rock Cafe, Royal Yacht
- Glasgow: Celtic Park Stadium, St. Andrew's Park.
Facilities and equipment at Napier University Summer Camp
The camp campus is located in the centre of Edinburgh. The territory has many distinctive features:
- Cafes, supermarkets near residential buildings
- Green areas, open spaces around the campus
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Bus stops nearby
- Security, round-the-clock video surveillance.
Classrooms and a canteen are located on the Merchisson campus, about a 10-minute walk from the dormitory. The menu includes a variety of dairy and meat dishes, pastries, drinks, sweets. If necessary, the canteen staff will observe the student's dietary needs.
Opposite the campus are:
- Fountain Park
- Entertainment center with a cinema, bowling, many restaurants and cafes.
For the sports development of students, a sports center with basketball, volleyball, badminton and mini-games is equipped on the territory.
Important public places with the time of the road to them:
- Medical Center – 15 minutes drive
- Edinburgh Airport – 7 km., about 12 minutes
- Glasgow Airport – 93 km., approximately 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prestwick Airport – about 130 km. or 1 hour 30 minutes
- City Centre – 23 minutes on foot, 18 minutes drive
- Old Town – 19 minutes by bus
- Supermarkets – from 2 to 10 minutes on foot.
Bus stops are located in the immediate vicinity of the campus. The team provides private transfers from the airports.
- Edinburgh Castle
- Observation decks Calton Hill, Arthur's Seat.
Admission dates and extra charges
Course start dates:
- July 4 for 1-3 weeks
- July 18 for 1-2 weeks.
Children start their day at 8:00 and finish by 22:00.
Transfer is not included in the price of the programs. The trip is designed for 8, 13, 45, 53 people. The price to and from the airport is the same:
- Edinburg: 136-369£
- Glasgow: 198-473£
- Prestwick: 198-648£.
Additional costs will also include:
- Laundry: washing machine, dryer
- Extra meals – £8 per serving
- Trinity exam – £130 for a group of 15 people
- Supplement for extra nights – 45-55£
- Private tuition – from £70 per hour
- Tickets in museums, galleries, buses, etc. – from £ 50 per group (if not included in the price).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Napier University Summer Camp
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.