In the 1960s, construction growth of industry began in Belarus, and the city of Brest became one of the centers of many industries, which gave impetus to the creation of a specialized construction university. In 1966, the Civil Engineering Institute opened, adding faculties over the years - today there are six of them:
The choice of specialties is wide: from construction and engineering to agriculture, logistics and marketing. A driver training center operates on the basis of the university - students can get the necessary skills and become full-fledged drivers of vehicles of various categories.
Most teachers have academic degrees, an exchange system works: students have the opportunity to practice at a number of universities and companies in Germany, South Korea, Turkey, Poland, Spain, Hungary, Slovakia and Lithuania. Foreign teachers teach at several courses.
Graduates of the Brest State Technical University are guaranteed to get decent work: many of them hold prestigious positions in large state and foreign companies. The training base is designed for the modern needs of people, which gives students relevant knowledge.
Education is also possible in a foreign language, the cost is up to $ 4200 per year.
Those who wish to gain more practical skills to create a successful career can continue their studies at the master's courses.
All nonresident and foreign students, regardless of the form of study (paid or budget), if desired, receive a room in a hostel. Students can eat in the university cafeteria: the prices of dishes are low.
The university created student research groups, construction teams, sports clubs, creative circles, regularly holds contests, concerts - all this helps to develop students' personal qualities, promotes good communication between themselves and teachers. Also on the basis of the university there is a sanatorium where all students can undergo rehabilitation.
In addition to educational buildings on the basis of the university, laboratories are open, gyms and playgrounds, a library are available.
The academic year at BSTU is divided into 2 semesters: autumn and spring, after each a standard examination session takes place. Additional living expenses (when renting a separate room or apartment) range from $ 279 to $ 590 per month.
The deadline for submitting documents is from mid-July to mid-August. Applicants must provide a certificate of secondary education (or a diploma of having another higher education). Admission is based on the results of entrance exams. Applicants who have not passed the selection can try to enter the paid department.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.