* Grodno State University named after Yanka Kupala
Description of Grodno State University named after Yanka Kupala
- Founded: 1940
- Location: Grodno, Belarus
- Number of students: more than 14,000
- Rating in Belarus: 3.
Grodno State University named after Yanka Kupala is one of the leaders in higher education in Belarus. It was built in 1940 and today offers a wide selection of specialties including sports and physical education, there is a military department. University graduates often win prizes in championships and competitions.
In addition to Belarusians, foreigners study at the university: the cost is the same for everyone. Exchange programs are in place: the university cooperates with foreign partners, sending students for internships and studies at universities in other countries. The university has a short abbreviation GSU, is a member of the European University Association and the Association of Universities of the Baltic Sea Region.
Each year, university staff and students conduct hundreds of studies, and a half hundred projects win state competitions. About 1000 scientific papers are published annually in state and foreign publications, many discoveries are applied in agricultural, construction and other fields.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Grodno State University named after Yanka Kupala
Accommodation, meals, prices
The doors of hostels are open for every foreign and nonresident student: there are a total of 5. The rooms are equipped with everything necessary, on the campus there are buffets with low prices for lunch. In each building of the hostel there are laundries, recreation and sports areas.
Facilities and equipment at Grodno State University named after Yanka Kupala
The university has a library and a sports complex. The technological park has great value in the scientific activities of the university, where research is carried out in 8 areas:
- Construction and industrial technologies
- Molecular and Laser Technologies
- Biological and nanotechnology
- Information and communication activities
- Agriculture and food industry
- Pharmacy and medicine
- Resource Saving and Nature Management
- Research in the field of sociology and humanities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at Grodno State University is divided into 2 semesters: autumn and spring, at the end of each there is an examination session. Additional costs associated with living (with a lack of places in the hostel) will range from $ 279 to $ 590 per month, depending on the conditions of the living space and its location in the city.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Acceptance of documents for admission is carried out from mid-June to early August for those wishing to enroll in paid tuition and in mid-July for those who plan to study on a budget basis. For admission, you must pass the internal exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Grodno State University named after Yanka Kupala
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.