Gomel State University
Description of Gomel State University
- Established: 1930
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Gomel, Belarus.
Gomel State University (GGU) was founded in 1930 in Belarus and is a state higher education institution. The university offers 42 areas of bachelor's training, 20 areas of magistracy and 6 doctoral specialties, implemented at 13 faculties of the educational institution.
GGU is among the top 10 best universities in the country, occupying 5th position in the ranking.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Gomel State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides its students with accommodation in 4 dormitories.
- The university provides distance learning programs, international exchange and internship abroad
- GGU concluded 130 contracts with educational institutions of 25 states
- Students of the educational institution are trained by world-famous scientists (4 corresponding members of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, 45 doctors, 238 candidates of sciences)
- Bases of practices and internships for students are more than 300 organizations.
Facilities and equipment at Gomel State University
The material and technical base of the university includes 68 research laboratories and its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at GGU consists of two semesters.
- The cost of living in Gomel is $ 279 -590 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the GGU you must:
- Rector's application
- Education Documents + Applications
- Originals of centralized testing certificates
- Medical certificate of health status (form 1zdr / u-10)
- 3x4 photos (2 pcs.)
- Copy of the passport.
The educational institution reserves the right to request additional documents for certain categories of applicants.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Gomel State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.