Preparations for the opening of Bilkent University, the first private university in Turkey, began in 1967 when the foundation of a research university was laid. Bilkent University was founded on October 20, 1984, starting with 386 students in October 1986. Today it encompasses over 12,000 students from 9 faculties, 2 graduate departments, 3 doctoral institutes, a preparatory program and the School of English. A large number of foreign students from 63 countries of the world study at the university - Bilkent University attaches great importance to internationalization: 7.2% of students and 23.9% of academic staff are foreign citizens.
Quick overview: List of Bachelor's educational subjects:
List of Educational directions of Master's, doctoral studies:
Bilkent University's dormitories accommodate approximately 4600 students, consist of 26 buildings, and offer a safe, comfortable and hygienic atmosphere.
The new dormitory building on Central Campus will open in the fall semester of the 2019-2020 academic year. The new building, located between the gymnasium and the 77th dormitory, consists of two separate dormitories: a 12-story building for female students and an 8-story building for male students.
Student club events, concerts, festivals, exhibitions, talks and other events create a rich atmosphere of culture, art and entertainment.
The Center for Physical Education and Sports will provide a healthy lifestyle for students at Bilkent University, enrich campus life and provide students with sports skills that they can use throughout their lives through quality physical education, sports.
Bilkent University adds color to the social life of its students with its vibrant campus atmosphere. Festivals, film screenings, theatrical performances, and many other on-campus events throughout the year are the starting points to be remembered for.
The activities of student clubs are an integral part of a dynamic environment, the beginning of new friendships. On campus, the 4,000-seat ODEON Performance Center plays an important role in the capital's cultural life, hosting unforgettable concerts.
The Bilkent Center, Bilkent Hotel and Conference Center, Bilkent Ankuva Shopping Center and Bilkent Station, all within walking distance of campus, are increasing the entertainment options around the university with its restaurants, cafes and cinemas. These locations meet the diverse needs of students working in technology, communications, food, home textiles, clothing, and similar sectors.
The territory of the university with its modern and well-kept buildings is 500,000 square meters.
A safe, clean environment, regular traffic and green spaces are the hallmarks of the campus. Bilkent University has all the amenities a university campus should have:
List of extra charges to pay additionally to tuition fee:
Requirements for the certificate:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.