The main advantages of studying in New York City
- The prestige and wide acceptance of the American educational system lies in the emphasis on individual independence and freedom. Staying at a summer camp in New York City will allow international teenagers to develop leadership skills and the ability to express themselves. Upon graduation, a foreign child will be able to confidently communicate in English.
- Summer vacation in New York is a close acquaintance with American culture and traditions, an expansion of worldview. Various excursions are organized to visit famous monuments, museums, and art galleries.
- New York City is very developed in terms of infrastructure and transportation.
- New York City summer camps create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that allows international teenagers to adapt quickly.
- Students spend most of their time in green parklands and in comfortable accommodations.
- A wide variety of language and summer programs are available
What is important to know about prestigious language camps in New York City?
Usually elite language camps in New York City are successfully run by boarding schools and universities for children. The course duration starts at 1 week. In classes, teachers focus on learning grammar, vocabulary, and correct sentence construction. Knowledge and skills are practiced through participation in school activities:
- Sports competitions
The target audience is teenagers who speak English at both beginner and advanced levels. A proficiency test is given at the time of enrollment. Formation of language groups is based on results. Complete immersion into the language environment, due to which students acquire necessary communication skills, makes the training process more efficient. Lessons are conducted in small classrooms, with a maximum of 15 students. 18-25 classes are conducted during the week. The student's age is the basis for the choice of the educational format: lessons for children are organized in the form of interactive and play-based activities, while older students take part in more academic classes,
In addition to English lessons, there are a variety of sports, art, and science classes. Preparatory programs are offered, aimed at successful completion of international language examinations.
Spending a summer vacation in New York City will allow you to get a closer look at the main sights of the city:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Museum of Modern Art.
- American Museum of Natural History.
Exciting and educational trips to national parks are organized, where young sports enthusiasts can go rock climbing, kayaking, tennis, and soccer. Most summer camps are located in upstate New York, allowing international teens to explore the local scenic landscape. There are constant parties, quizzes, and sports competitions on the grounds of rated summer camps.
How are accommodations arranged at New York City language schools for summer vacation?
International students are offered accommodation in a school residence or with a host family - regardless of their type, full security is provided. The selected host families are carefully checked by the school staff, there is 24-hour security in the residence, and a representative of the school is on duty.
The high level of security for international teenagers living during summer vacation in New York should reassure parents. Spending summer vacations in New York will have a positive impact on the development of the student's potential, social, leadership, organizational skills, and independence.
Tuition for International Students at New York City Holiday Courses
Tuition per week for a children's camp ranges from $1,300 to $2,000. The price usually includes:
- Recreation program.
In addition, airfare, health insurance, and visa fees are included.