- Schools and programs after 8th and 9th grades:
- Examples of schools in Switzerland for education after the 8th and 9th grades
- Schools and programs after 10th and 11th grades
- Examples after 10th grade
- Schools and programs after 10th or 11th grade: national standards, Foundation
- Examples of schools after 10th and 11th grades
The system of secondary education in Switzerland is one of the best in the world. Education in the country has unique features, the main of which is the availability of a large number of standards and programs:
- Swiss Matura (Switzerland)
- Diplôme National du Brevet, French Baccalaureate (France)
- Abitur (Germany)
- Esame di Maturity (Italy)
- GCSE, A-level (Britain)
- High School Diploma + Advanced placement (USA)
- IGCSE (equivalent to GCSE), International Baccalaureate (international).
Switzerland - a kind of European "pot" of cultures and traditions, and a country where education is valued above all, as it is a guarantee of prosperity and stability.
Schools and programs after 8th and 9th grades:
GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) is a popular English program that has long been taught around the world. For admission, you need to have a good level of English and knowledge of the subjects. The course is built from a combination of general educational subjects and those subjects that the student chooses on his own - in total at a fairly intense pace, from 8 to 10 (maybe more or less) of the disciplines are studied. In the educational schedule, there is always time for sports activities, various kinds of creativity and active leisure. In order to receive the GCSE certificate, students take exams in 6 or 8 subjects: A, B, C (5,4,3) are considered successful, and the highest grade is A * (marks below C are exam failures).
The International Certificate of Secondary Education (International GCSE) is an analogue of GCSE, which was developed at Cambridge University in 1985. The curricula of the courses are identical and their certificates are equally prestigious, but experts note that the international format has more stringent final exams and it is more difficult to pass them, and accordingly, the level of education should be higher. In recent years, the IGCSE is gaining in popularity.
High School Diploma (US Standard)
The American curriculum is very popular, as it gives an exceptionally high-quality education. Students study compulsory subjects (English, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and others) and subjects in selected areas. Departments:
- Mathematics + mathematical sciences
- History, culture, geography, politics, economics
- The science
- Art and Creativity
- Foreign languages.
Much attention is paid to the process of choosing a future specialization for the student - everything is done to ensure that every student clearly understands which profession or division of sciences he is interested in. After the successful completion of 8th-9th-10th grades, students can continue their studies at High School according to the Advanced placement standard.
The national program of Switzerland is one of the most difficult in the country. It is divided into 5 subtypes, all pupils study 13-15 general subjects + several disciplines to choose from + at least 3 foreign languages(!). You can choose a humanitarian, linguistic, natural-science or technical specialization.
Abitur (Das Deutsche Abitur)
German plan, according to which compulsory and elective courses are studied. Students choose specialization in 11-12 years and already according to their choice the list of sciences is formed: technical (mathematics, engineering, natural courses), public (economics, sociology and others), humanitarian (art, literature, languages).
The French plan includes 2 stages: general education (11-16 years) and specialized (16-19 years). At the first stage, a large number of disciplines and foreign languages are studied, and it ends with exams.
Esame di Maturity
The Italian curriculum consists of courses and a common device similar to the French one. Specialization is selected at the age of 14, humanitarian, natural and exact sciences are taught at an intensive pace.
Examples of schools in Switzerland for education after the 8th and 9th grades
- Surval Montreux. School for girls aged 11 to 21 years specializes in providing education of various standards, deservedly considered one of the best in the country. Students come to the rankning universities.
- St. Georges School Montreux. The educational institution is included in the TOP-50 boarding schools of the country, it provides a unique comprehensive education, taking into account the wishes and needs of the student. All graduates enter universities, often at the very best.
Schools and programs after 10th and 11th grades
The so-called "gold standard" of the British system of secondary education. As a result, a certificate is issued on the basis of which it is possible to enter universities in Switzerland, Britain and many other countries of the world. Exemplary list of disciplines:
2. For directions: science, medicine, engineering:
- Higher Mathematics
3. For directions: humanities, business, law:
Classes include lectures, seminars, laboratory works, master classes with invited experts. Examinations take 3-5 subjects: grades from A to E are given, marks A, B, C (and the highest mark - A *) are successfully passed.
Advanced placement (High School Diploma)
Advanced placement or AP is the last 2 years of study in the US high school (11-12 grades). By the AP standard a total of 36 disciplines have been developed, but in some institutions the number of courses available ranges from 5 to 27 (the more courses available, the higher the ranking of the institution). Most Popular:
- English Language and Literature
- Foreign languages
- Natural Sciences
- Computer science.
Final exams are given for each passed subject, successful marks are A, B and C.
IB, or the "International Baccalaureate" is a prestigious standard, developed in the 1960s by a group of Swiss specialists and is very popular today. This course is taught in 1500 institutions around the world: the duration of study is 2 years, during which 6 sciences are studied. Groups of items include:
- Foreign Language and Literature
- Mother tongue and literature
- Natural Sciences
- Disciplines to choose from.
To complete education successfully, it is necessary to perform a number of works. IB is recognized in most countries of the world, and graduates with good scores can enter the best universities in the world.
Examples after 10th grade
- Institut Monte Rosa. It is located in the TOP-5 family-type boarding schools, conducts education on 3 national standards and more than 6 international. In total, about 70 people study at the school, all students demonstrate high knowledge and skills.
- Leysin American School is organized according to the type of American schools, connects the best traditional and most innovative methods in teaching, an integrated system of education is conducted. Graduates join the ranks of students of the best universities of the country and the world.
Schools and programs after 10th or 11th grade: national standards, Foundation
Schweizer Maturität (Swiss matriculation certificate)
"Swiss matriculation certificate", the final stage of education according to the Swiss Swiss Matura standard. You can apply after 10th or 11th grade, education gives an exceptionally high level of knowledge.
Abitur (German passport)
The full version of the name - Das Deutsche Abitur - includes 12 and 13 classes, general education subjects are studied and in the chosen direction. To obtain the certificate you must successfully pass 4 examinations in compulsory subjects and a certain number of examinations in elective subjects.
French Baccalaureate (French passport)
Specialized stage of the French program: education lasts 3 years and includes general subjects and intensive ones of your choice. Students should be ready for a big load.
Esame di Maturity (Italian passport)
You can apply for the program after 10th grade, the duration of study is 2 years. Students choose the right direction: Humanities (Maturità Linguistica) or exact (Maturità Scientifica).
After the 11th grade, students can take part in a special program of preparation for the university, which lasts 12 months and includes raising the level of language and knowledge, and actively adapting to the way of life. Upon successful completion, entrants enter the first year of the Bachelor's Degree.
Examples of schools after 10th and 11th grades
- Institut auf dem Rosenberg. One of the best institutions in the country and in general in Europe consists of 4 departments (German, Italian, French, English), provides quality education in all national and international types of courses.
- Institut Montana Zugerberg. The educational institution is located in the resort town of Zugerberg near Zurich: for 180 students there are 45 teachers, which helps to give maximum attention to students. Students regularly and easily enter the ranking universities.