- The system of study in the baccalaureate of Britain
- Bachelor's Degree and Possibilities
- Admission to Bachelor's Degree: Features for Foreign students
- Tuition fees in bachelor's program
Education in Britain is one of the best and most in demand: thousands of students from all over the world study in the country. Standards and methods of the British system are recognized as a standard of quality and have been successfully applied in practice for several centuries (!). Universities of the country regularly rank first in the rankings of the best educational institutions: many of them are directly involved in the development of modern science and technology, the discovery of new horizons and the development of mankind as a whole. Here, for example, there are renowned Oxford and Cambridge universities.
Baccalaureate is the first stage of higher education, graduates of senior schools enter it. Bachelor's degree is represented by a wide variety of specialties and directions, education usually takes 3 years, each year is divided into terms or semesters. The educational system has a number of distinctive features:
- Teachers are high-class specialists who are current practitioners and are actively engaged in research and development;
- A large amount of time is devoted to independent work and research, students study literature, conduct experiments and laboratory tests;
- The main attention in the British universities is paid not to mechanical memorization, but to the ability to work quickly and correctly with large amounts of information: bachelors spend a lot of time in the process of selection and research of sources and literature;
- Great importance is attached to developing the skills of critical thinking and understanding of the surrounding world, events occurring in it;
- All students must attend classes, be active in lectures and seminars;
- Teachers are very demanding: students must strictly perform all tasks and standards.
The system of study in the baccalaureate of Britain
All educational institutions have carefully designed plans and programs for each specialty, which are constantly being adjusted to meet modern requirements. Foreign students receive additional help and support from teachers and staff, engage in career development centers and student communities, take part in special seminars and master classes. Moreover, there are mentoring systems - for each freshman an undergraduate is attached, to whom one can always seek help on a variety of issues.
Teachers build an effective system of work in lectures and seminars, when everyone has the opportunity to express themselves and prove their point of view. Different types of classes are used:
- Interactive lectures;
- Classes with invited experts;
- Work in laboratories and scientific centers;
- Field studies;
- Independent work, work in groups and mini-groups.
To monitor progress, students regularly perform various types of testing:
- Examinations (including "invisible")
- Test assignments
- Writing extended essays
- Presentation of presentations, presentations with reports
- Independent research projects
- Term papers.
Bachelor's Degree and Possibilities
In case of successful completion of the full course of study and protection of the graduate work, graduates are awarded a diploma of higher education of a standard pattern and assigned a bachelor's degree in the relevant field:
- BA (Bachelor of Arts (Humanities));
- BSc (Natural Sciences);
- LLB (jurisprudence);
- BEng (Engineering Sciences (Technical Sciences));
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration);
- BVSc (veterinary medicine);
- BMus (music);
- Bed (pedagogical sciences).
Specialization and professional interests can be diversified and supplemented, after passing additional courses and short-term programs, it is also possible to obtain a double specialization. The diploma and degree gives an opportunity of employment in good companies of Europe and the world, and holders of diplomas of the most prestigious institutions receive job offers even before graduation. Many graduates continue their studies, entering the specialty of the magistracy.
Admission to Bachelor's Degree: Features for Foreign students
Compulsory secondary education in Britain includes grades 1 to 11, and those students who plan to enroll in universities after the 11th grade transfer to a high school where they study for 2 years (grades 12-13, A-level (General Certificate of Education Advanced Level) or IB (International Baccalaureate). Many international students choose special programs:
- International Foundation Year
- International Year One
- University Pathway.
Education can have different duration and direction, but its goal is to bring the level of knowledge and English language in line with the requirements of the country. Any applicant should have a diploma with good and excellent marks (especially in core subjects) and achievements in various fields. You should not forget that the process of filing documents is strictly regulated and runs on time, and violating them, you can simply skip the flow in the current year. Foreign children who study in secondary schools in England finish high school and then, according to the results of examinations, A-level or IB enter universities in a common order (like ordinary domestic entrants).
Tuition fees in bachelor's program
The cost of higher education programs in a bachelor's degree differs depending on the institution, specialty and other conditions and starts at about 9,000 £ per year. Specialties of the natural science profile are more expensive than humanitarian ones, and the most expensive are medical specialties (not less than 18,000 - 20,000 £ per year).