- The best schools in Germany for international students
- The structure of the German school educational system
- Specific characteristics of secondary education
- Classification of leading high schools - what you need to know?
- Prestigious high schools in Germany
- How much does secondary education cost in ranking schools in Germany?
- Admission procedure - prepare a list of required documents
The best schools in Germany for international students
Foreign teenagers aged 11-18 in Germany can get the best secondary education in Europe, choosing from the widest list of educational programs and modern teaching methods.
Choosing a prestigious educational institution in Germany , students must be guided by the following parameters:
- Type of school
- Places in international rankings
- Geographic location
- List of requirements for foreign teenagers.
The structure of the German school educational system
The duration of secondary education in the best secondary schools in Germany is 12 years. The process of obtaining secondary education is mandatory, tuition is not charged, but tours, stationery and study materials are additionally paid.
The structure of school education consists of two stages:
- Old school.
The duration of primary education is 4 years, but in the prestigious schools of Berlin and Brandenburg, the initial stage of education includes 6 classes. Upon reaching the age of 6, the child is enrolled in a primary school in Germany, where he studies until the age of 10-12. When entering the first grade, one needs to be fluent in German (level B1), which is the threshold level for independent knowledge of a foreign language, otherwise 14 years of age students postpone admission to a leading school in Germany for at least a year.
The distribution of German schools is based on the level of students' abilities - distribution takes place after the end of the primary school program.
- If a student receives low marks for final testing, then a transition to "primary schools" is provided. After graduation, students can get a professional education, as an alternative, it is possible to find jobs in low-paid posts.
- If a graduate of a prestigious elementary school in Germany demonstrates an average level of knowledge, then a transition to real schools is envisaged, where emphasis is placed on a certain area of professional activity that meets the interests of each student. If the eucation is successful, the graduate receives a full certificate of maturity. There is also the option of studying in German technical schools.
Specific characteristics of secondary education
Pupils with a high level of performance in elementary grades receive secondary education in the first stage and in high school. In Germany, the most prestigious are elite state gymnasiums. A letter of recommendation from the class teacher is allocated as the main requirement for admission.
In the 11-12 grades of ranking gymnasiums, pre-university education is conducted. Upon completion of studying, students pass the final exam Abitur - based on the results, they are enrolled in the top German university without passing entrance exams.
On the territory of some federal lands uniform schools are being created, that is, schools of different levels function in the same building. This practice facilitates the transition from one type of educational institution to another.
Classification of leading high schools - what you need to know?
In Germany, both public schools and private educational institutions function successfully. The greatest prestige is enjoyed by elite private international boarding schools.
The target audience for studying at international schools in Germany are foreign teenagers. Teaching is conducted according to the German educational system, language courses are successfully functioning, allowing you to quickly overcome the language and communication barrier.
Entering German ranking international schools, a foreing student must have a good level of German and English (minimum B2). As part of the education, attention is paid to the comprehensive personal development of each student through the organization of various additional classes.
Prestigious high schools in Germany
Upon admission to German boarding schools , higher requirements are imposed in relation to the level of knowledge of a foreign language, if we compare with German international schools. Additional paid classes are organized to improve the level of German language proficiency.
Pupils for the period of study live in comfortable residences usually modern campuses are located in cozy and quiet areas, surrounded by picturesque natural landscapes.
The leading elite private boarding schools in Germany admit foreign teenagers who have reached the age of 14 years, that is, at the end of grades 8 and 9. After passing the 11th grade, foreign teenagers can go through the Studienkolleg program (1 year), after which they can enter a prestigious university in Germany.
How much does secondary education cost in ranking schools in Germany?
The cost of tuition in private secondary schools on a full board basis ranges from an average of 24,000 to 40,000 € per year.
Admission procedure - prepare a list of required documents
- Copy of your passport
- School grades tables for the last 2-3 years of study
- International language certificate
- Letters of recommendation from teachers in mathematics and English
- In some cases, it is necessary to prepare a motivation letter
- Completed school registration forms
- Skype interview.
In addition, an internal test in English and mathematics is provided.