- Advantages of American schools in Switzerland
- The education system for students in the American School of Switzerland
- List of prestigious and elite American schools in Switzerland
The combination of the advantages of the American education system, the high standard of living in and the nature of Switzerland increases the relevance of the direction - teaching in American schools for students.
Advantages of American schools in Switzerland
The American system of education is a prestigious and high-quality education: it's not just academic programs, while teaching, teachers pay a lot of attention to the all-round development of the individual. The high quality of education provided by schools allows graduates to enter universities from top-level lists of the world, including Yale, Harvard, Stanford universities. Switzerland attracts students from all over the world thanks to its close location to the picturesque Alps, fresh mountain air and amazing nature. For foreign students in Switzerland there are boarding schools, which are located in the best areas of the country.
The education system for students in the American School of Switzerland
Stages of education:
- primary classes (5-10 years)
- secondary school (11-14 years)
- senior classes (14-16 years)
- pre-university education (16-18 years).
Linguistic classes are available for students - they must be visited if the student does not have enough of his level of language knowledge to understand the curriculum in full. Also courses for students with low language knowledge are organized - they usually pass before entering the academic program.
The location of schools allows schools to create an infrastructure for sports - the school administration actively supports this direction so that students lead an active lifestyle. Available sports sections:
- horseback riding
- rugby and more.
List of prestigious and elite American schools in Switzerland
- The American School in Lugano TASIS the American School Switzerland is accredited by the European Council of International Schools, NEASC and offers the following programs: primary classes, middle classes, language courses for students and summer courses. The campus of the school is located on the picturesque slope of the mountain - the location allows its students to effectively combine academic classes with travel.
- Leysin American School in Leysin is considered one of the best international schools in Switzerland with an accessible American education system. The school is proud of the academic preparation of its graduates, who in the future take exams for high scores and enter the leading universities around the world. For students from 16 to 18 years, the Advanced Placement program is available, the goal of which is to prepare students to enter the institutions of the United States and Canada. The school is located in an elite resort town, which has a lot of cultural and entertainment places for students.
- The prestigious Ecole d'Humanité in Lucerne has among its programs High School Academic Diploma, the American standard of secondary school education. The program is designed for 3 years (9-12 grades), students are taught in very small groups of 4-10 people, so that the teacher could give individual time to each student. The school offers a huge list of optional activities, professes the principle of unity with nature, students spend a lot of time in nature. There was a boarding school in a picturesque area of the Alps.
- The private school in Lucerne Brillantmont International School offers students to receive American secondary education under the Diploma + Advanced Placement program: high school education combines Advanced Placement, electives and Honors courses (courses with attestation). The school has the necessary infrastructure for the physical development of students: there are sections of athletics, basketball, volleyball, football, hockey, mouting, mountaineering, skiing, horse riding, aerobics. Also in the school creative workshops (design, fashion, photo art, theater, music and many others) are open.