American College of Greece
Description of American College of Greece
- Established: 1875
- Type: Private Nonprofit Higher Education Institution
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Language of instruction: English.
American College of Greece (ACG) was founded in 1875 in Smyrna (Izmir), Asia Minor (Turkey) as a school for girls and moved to Athens in 1923. The university is in the top 30 best universities in the country, occupying 27th position in the ranking .
Programs and prices, tuition fees in American College of Greece
- University provides a wide range of financial assistance programs
- ACG is the first American institution of higher education accredited in the United States (1981).
- Undergraduate Programs Approved by Open University (UK)
- ACG has more than 50 partner universities in the USA, Europe and Asia, which offer study abroad and individually selected programs.
Facilities and equipment at American College of Greece
The university is located in the capital of Greece - Athens - and includes its own library and sports infrastructure.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year. Autumn semester begins in September, spring semester - in January.
- Entrance fee 50 €
- Training materials 34 €
- Laboratory training 75 € / laboratory block
- International student fee (for full-time and part-time students with a visa) 336 € / semester
- The cost of living in Athens is 376 € -717 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you must:
- Completed application form and personal application
- One letter of recommendation from the teacher / professor of the last school visited (undergraduate)
- Two letters of recommendation, one from an academic source and one from an employer (master's program)
- Official Transcript (Master)
- Official Transcript of Education Document
- Documents confirming knowledge of the English language (IELTS 6.5 / Pte Academic 59 / MSU-CELP / TOEFL 87 and others)
- Notarized copy of passport
- Resume (Master)
- Interviews (magistracy).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about American College of Greece
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.