Agricultural University of Athens
Description of Agricultural University of Athens
- Established: 1920
- Type: higher state educational institution
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Language of instruction: Greek, English.
Agricultural University of Athens (AUA) was founded in 1920 and is the highest state agricultural educational institution in Greece. The University provides comprehensive education in agriculture, livestock, natural resources management and agricultural economics.
AUA is a member of the European University Association (EUA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Agricultural University of Athens
Activities Agricultural University of Athens
AUA has student interest clubs:
- Trekking club (FOS).
For students, field trips are organized to production units in Greece or abroad, allowing them to acquire valuable professional and life experience.
- Agricultural University of Athens is among the top 30 best universities in the country
- The university offers international exchange programs for both students and faculty.
Facilities and equipment at Agricultural University of Athens
The main campus of the university is located near the center of Athens, in the heart of the Olive Grove and the ancient site of Kerameikos. The material and technical base of the university includes:
- Lecture halls
- 42 fully equipped training and research laboratories
- The library
- Athletic facilities
- Agricultural objects: vineyards, arboretum, greenhouses, wineries
- A valuable collection of plant material
- Experimental plants for plants, livestock and aquatic organisms
- Agricultural Museum.
Admission dates and extra charges
AUA has a two-semester school year.
- Cost of living in Athens = 422 € -771 € / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, you must submit an application, provide documents about education and pass the entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Agricultural University of Athens
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.