The Almaty University of Energy and Communications appeared in January 1997 on the basis of the Almaty Energy Institute. Today AUES is one of the leading universities in Kazakhstan, where specialists from the energy, telecommunications and IT spheres are educated throughout Central Asia.
Education is conducted in two languages - Kazakh and Russian, since 2013 two programs in English have been introduced. The structure of AUES University includes 19 departments where you can get a bachelor's or master's degree, plus a distance education program and correspondence department with retraining of specialists are operating on the basis of the university.
AUES offers its students high-quality academic education, so many of them after graduation find work in their specialty not only in the country, but also abroad - in Russia, the European Union, America, Britain, Canada, Israel and others.
Admission to the undergraduate program is on a competitive basis. To obtain a diploma, a student must earn 180-240 ECTS credits.
Admission to the master's program takes place on a competitive basis. To obtain a diploma, a student must collect 60-120 ECTS credits.
On the territory of AUPET there are four dormitories with a total capacity of up to 1,500 people, where local and foreign students live during their studies. For better adaptation and convenience, first-year students are placed in a separate hostel, a separate residence is also provided for undergraduates. On the territory of the university there are 3 dining rooms and several buffets, including in dormitories.
AUES buildings and dormitories are located in the very center of Almaty, so students can go for a walk around the city in their free time.
Extra-curricular activity is actively developed at the AUES university - every month the trade union committee of students holds about 20 events, games, tournaments and competitions. Students can join various associations - there are about 16 of them:
The infrastructure of the university includes three main buildings located next to each other: building A in the south, building B in the north, and between them building D, which was renamed from building C since 2010 in honor of the first rector of the university.
Other university infrastructure facilities:
The academic year at AUES begins in September and includes 2 academic semesters.
The online application period for training at AUES begins from May 15 to July 19. For admission to foreign students, you will need:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.