World Academy – Abu Dhabi International Academy
Description of World Academy – Abu Dhabi International Academy
- Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE,
- Year of foundation: 2011,
- Number of students: more than 1000
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: mixed.
World Academy – Abu Dhabi is a private school that provides programs from Foundation Stage 1 to high school on the British international IB system.
The institution plans to add programs for classes by seniority every year, currently teaching more than 1,000 students from different countries. Teachers of the Academy are also representatives of different nationalities - about 90% were born in English-speaking countries: the USA, Great Britain, Australia, Canada, New Zealand. In addition to teachers, their assistants are always present in the classroom - highly qualified assistants who are ready to help each of the students if the teacher is busy.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in World Academy – Abu Dhabi International Academy
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Academy does not have dormitories and does not provide accommodation search services.
On campus, there is a kitchen with a dining area, where students can buy a full lunch, drinks and snacks, as well as relax between classes.
Activities World Academy – Abu Dhabi International Academy
The extracurricular program is broad enough that each student can find a business and a company of interests. Under the guidance of teachers, there are five classes after the lesson on the ASA course:
- Sports competitions with other schools, individual and team education, professional education in several areas,
- Board games,
- Arts and Crafts,
- Cooking Club,
- Musical education, including playing instruments, voice production, musical notation.
Before each semester, students register for electives of interest to them, the set of which changes once every six months.
The academy organizes sports classes for ESM, an external program taught by coaches approved by ADEK.
Sports destinations include:
- Small classes – up to 23 people,
- Increased attention to the development of children in the preschool department,
- "Very good" rating during inspections,
- No135 in the list of the best schools in the UAE,
- No. 8 among the best schools in Abu Dhabi teaching the IB program.
Facilities and equipment at World Academy – Abu Dhabi International Academy
The Academy has recently moved to a new campus and has completely transformed student life with updated facilities, equipment and technology. Now in the educational buildings you can find:
- Bright rooms for classes,
- Scientific laboratories of physics, biology and chemistry,
- Digital learning studios: robotics, artificial intelligence research, virtual reality,
- Studios of additional education: music and sound recording, performing, visual and theatrical art, dance,
- Library with reading room, bookstore,
- Dining area, parents' café,
- Several prayer rooms,
- Uniform store.
Sports facilities for individual and group education:
- Multi-purpose hall with six courts, audio-visual equipment, stage,
- Sports hall for games,
- Full-scale football field,
- 25-meter swimming pool with six lanes,
- Outdoor playgrounds.
The school has a bus depot for transporting students from home to educational buildings. This service is provided for a fee and on request.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year lasts from the end of August to July. For several semesters, holidays are held in honor of international and national holidays. Classes are organized on weekdays, some events fall on weekends - Saturday and Sunday.
The cost of the program includes textbooks and materials for education, in addition it is necessary to pay:
- School uniform,
- School or public transport,
- Registration fees and deposits.
The process of admission to The World Academy – Abu Dhabi consists of the following steps:
- Fill in the application form,
- Expect feedback within 24 hours,
- Upload all documentation to your personal account on the school website,
- Receive an official letter with an offer,
- Pay for the program,
- Get information about the first education day.
After graduating from the Academy, graduates choose the best universities in different countries. In recent years, students have entered the universities of Pennsylvania, Oxford, Harvard and Berkeley, King's College London and other institutions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
All new students must provide official documentation of previous school experiences, including transcripts, the latest report card, and any standardized test results. All documents provided must be in English and with a school seal.
In order for students to be able to fully study in the academy's programs, they must have a good level of English. Students can be admitted without thorough knowledge, but they will need to take an English course.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about World Academy – Abu Dhabi International Academy
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.