American Academy – Abu Dhabi
Description of American Academy – Abu Dhabi
- Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE,
- Year of foundation: 2011,
- Number of students: more than 1600,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
American Academy – Abu Dhabi is a private school that provides programs based on the American educational system. The institution opened in 2011 and occupied a new building in the residential suburb of Khalifa thanks to Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States.
The school has more than 1600 students from kindergarten groups to the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. Among the students and teachers you can meet representatives of about 90 nationalities, including residents of Russia and the CIS countries.
All classes are conducted under the supervision of the teacher and his assistant - at least two qualified people pay individual attention to each student. In the younger grades, some lessons can take place outdoors, where children will be able to explore the environment and get new emotions. Middle and high school students have the opportunity to use gadgets in the classroom, doing homework or working on projects.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in American Academy – Abu Dhabi
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school does not provide on-campus accommodation.
During the school day, students are provided with snacks, pastries and drinks or full lunches, which can be bought in the dining room. The kitchen is open daily, so the food is always fresh. The institution is focused on promoting a healthy lifestyle, so there are no allergens, a large number of sugars, substitutes and flavors in the dishes.
Activities American Academy – Abu Dhabi
Students have the opportunity to develop their interests and implement ideas in additional classes in circles and sections:
- Fine arts,
- Performing Arts: Dance, Music and Theatre,
- Club for the development of leadership qualities, self-confidence, public speaking,
- Musical ensemble,
- Individual musical training: musical notation, voice production, playing musical instruments,
- Dance Community
- Language clubs: Spanish, French, Arabic, Chinese and others,
- Cooking club.
The sports program is an important part of all students' lives. To maintain good physical shape or professional development, the following are available:
Highly qualified coaches prepare students for the beginning of a professional career, offering participation in inter-school, city and national competitions.
The Academy has a system of Houses, which divides students into several large groups. Each has its own colors, emblems, coat of arms. Houses compete with each other in all areas of extracurricular activities, while developing communication skills, teamwork and healthy competition, self-confidence and a sense of responsibility.
Several times during the year, students of all grades visit city attractions as part of an excursion, travel to other cities and countries.
- Full accreditation of all programs,
- High scores on final exams: from more than 68% of students receive from 35 to 44 points, which is considered an "above average" level,
- Multinationality among students and teachers,
- Experience studying in one of the most economically sustainable and successful countries in the world.
Facilities and equipment at American Academy – Abu Dhabi
The Academy's training grounds are located on streets near Khalifa City and Abu Dhabi Health Service. The city has an excellent transport system, many places for recreation, entertainment and additional training are open - students will always be able to find an interesting place and a company for leisure.
The campus is equipped with:
- Six interdisciplinary scientific laboratories of chemistry, physics, biology,
- Makerspace area for programming and research in the field of computer technology,
- Bright classrooms for classes,
- Collective audience of 500 seats,
- Studios of additional education: music, dance, choral, art, recording room and theatrical art,
- Two libraries for primary and secondary schools, storing more than 25,000 volumes in printed and electronic forms. The collection of books contains works in Arabic, French, Spanish and other languages,
- Student canteen with dining room,
- Parents' café.
Special attention should be paid to the sports infrastructure:
- Sports hall with two basketball courts,
- Gym with many exercise machines, areas for stretching, yoga and cardio training,
- Two indoor swimming pools,
- Outdoor sports ground with jogging track,
- Four full-size tennis and basketball fields,
- Three outdoor playgrounds for different ages.
The academy also has a medical center that provides students with first aid, tracking of any chronic diseases, advice on nutrition, physical and emotional health.
The campus is completely safe: the territory is fenced, is under round-the-clock video surveillance and security.
Admission dates and extra charges
Important dates of the academic year:
- Fall semester: August-December,
- Winter holidays: December 12-30,
- Spring semester: January-April,
- Spring break: March 27-April 7,
- Summer semester: April-June.
Classes are held on weekdays from 7:45 to 15:00. The school day of the youngest schoolchildren ends earlier - at 13:00, but they have the opportunity to stay for classes in circles or for events.
- School uniform,
- Meals in the canteen on campus,
- School or public transport
- Exams in the IB program.
The program fee includes textbooks and books, school supplies.
Step-by-step admission to The American Academy:
- Register on the school's website, create a personal account,
- Fill in the online application and get an individual request number,
- Contact the admissions office to provide the required documents and pay fees,
- Expect an official invitation.
Students in the final grade achieve excellent results in exams, entering one of the best higher institutions in the world:
- University of Toronto,
- Kingston University london,
- University of Birmingham,
- University of York,
- Seoul National University,
- Aviation Academy in Dubai.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When applying for admission, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Copies of personal documents: passport of the child (or birth certificate) and one of the parents, health insurance, visa or residence permit, Emirates identity card,
- A recent photograph of a future student,
- Reports for the last two years of study in English,
- Official transcripts for students in grades 10-12,
- Results of standardized texts, if available,
- Certificate of transfer.
Applicants entering grades 6-10 should be proficient in English at a basic level, as language support is limited. Future students in grades 11 and 12 should be fluent in English at a conversational level.
Scholarships American Academy – Abu Dhabi
The institution provides discounts for siblings of students who are already studying at the academy. Starting from the fourth child, the family receives from 15-20% to pay for each subsequent student.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about American Academy – Abu Dhabi
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.