Cambridge International School – Abu Dhabi
Description of Cambridge International School – Abu Dhabi
- Age of students: from 3 to 18 years,
- Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE,
- Type of institution: private school,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
The British School of Abu Dhabi welcomes children from 3 to 18 years old and offers an extensive and modern British education, including Early Childhood Education (EYFS), UK Primary and Secondary School (IGCSE) and A-Levels.
A carefully designed STEM curriculum is guaranteed to every child in school. STEM is an approach to learning and development that integrates science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Students in grades 12 and 13 enrolled in A-Levels programs can choose from several university areas:
- Medicine and health,
- Business and Management,
- Social sciences,
- Career guidance
- Quality affordable British education.
The National Curriculum for England provides students with an education that is recognised and highly regarded around the world. The curriculum, known for its academic standards and comprehensive approach to education, provides students with translation opportunities, access to reputable universities around the world.
Children work towards the following goals:
- Communication and language development: daily conversations for written lessons and providing opportunities to speak and listen in a variety of situations, develop confidence and self-expression skills.
- Personal, social, and emotional development: Daily in-circle activities help students develop positive attitudes toward themselves and others. They learn to form positive relationships and develop the social skills needed to manage their feelings; understand the correct behavior in groups.
- Literacy Development: The school uses the Phonics scheme to help children read accurately and fluently with a good understanding.
- Mathematics: The White Rose Math program aims to develop functional skills and provides opportunities for learning through research.
- Physical Development: Carefully designed outdoor sports facilities provide children with daily opportunities to explore and develop gross motor skills, including: climbing, balancing, jumping, running and cycling. Weekly physical education lessons develop basic motor skills and engage children in sports from an early age, including gymnastics and athletics.
- KENKEN National Finalists,
- Major sports journalists.
- Red Crescent – SEWA Day Fundraising Award,
- Operation Smile – more than AED 10,000 collected in the first half of the term,
- International Volunteer Program "Jewels of Kindness" – Grade 6,
- Tolerance Award.
- NASA Trip,
- Harvard MUN,
- Innovative trips of Oxford and Cambridge universities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Cambridge International School – Abu Dhabi
Activities Cambridge International School – Abu Dhabi
Cambridge International School abu Dhabi offers a wide range of extracurricular activities aimed at the all-round development of students. All students are expected to represent their school at inter-school sporting events, tournaments or other competitions.
- Rugby and athletics.
- Ecological clubs,
Auxiliary classes in various subject areas are extremely popular among students who require additional guidance, who want to acquire additional knowledge.
- Teachers are native English speakers with many years of British and international experience,
- One of the best schools in Abu Dhabi,
- Strong emphasis on academic standards,
- Constant communication between the school and parents,
- Part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP) – a global family of 56 schools,
- Accredited by BSO – "good" and "excellent" ratings when checked,
- England's National Curriculum.
Facilities and equipment at Cambridge International School – Abu Dhabi
The school has the following facilities:
- Excellent conditions for academic and sports events,
- 25-meter indoor heated swimming pool,
- Spacious classrooms and age-appropriate shaded playgrounds,
- Large multi-purpose sports hall,
- Separate, well-stocked libraries,
- Specialized scientific laboratories and complexes of information and communication technologies (ICT),
- Professional music teachers and music classes,
- An extensive art program offering photography and interactive digital projects.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in the school, you must provide the following documents:
- 2 copies of the student's passport with a valid UAE visa,
- 4 recent passport-size photographs and 2 mini-photos for the ticket,
- 2 photocopies of birth certificate in English or Arabic,
- A copy of the child's vaccination card or a copy of the medical card from the previous school,
- A copy of the original assessment certificate.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Cambridge International School – Abu Dhabi
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.