Winchester Private School – Abu Dhabi
Description of Winchester Private School – Abu Dhabi
- Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE,
- Founded: 2013,
- Type of institution: private school,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
The Winchester School in Abu Dhabi opened in 2013 and offers England's national curriculum from primary to grade 9. Modelled on Winchester's highly successful schools in Dubai, the Abu Dhabi branch creates a variety of opportunities for students to excel in their studies and develop their character, leadership and values.
Students are taught in a safe, caring and individual learning environment that is shaped by regular and constructive communication with parents to bring out the best in their child.
Using traditional values and innovative ideas, staff pay special attention to the overall development of each student through a strong academic program, a wide range of extracurricular activities, independent thinking skills and building self-confidence.
Winchester follows england's National Curriculum. At Key Stage 2 basic stage, students go through the initial stage program, from grades 1 to 9 students pass the levels of the National Curriculum for England.
Students of Winchester School receive higher education around the world, many of them enter prestigious universities.
Research, innovation, problem solving, independent self-expression, decision-making and other useful skills are actively encouraged through the curriculum and additional classes. Students become informed, confident and active learners with a strong sense of self-worth.
England's National Curriculum is a broad and balanced curriculum applied in more than 150 countries around the world. It is based on a clear structure that describes the expected levels of academic performance at all stages of a student's school life.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Winchester Private School – Abu Dhabi
- Teachers are experts in their fields and encourage children to participate, create and contribute,
- Core educational values: "Leadership through Innovation", "Striving for Excellence", "Growth through Learning", "Global Citizenship".
Facilities and equipment at Winchester Private School – Abu Dhabi
The school's campus consists of two adjacent buildings, one for elementary school students and one for middle school students. All classrooms are equipped with projectors, some have Promethean interactive whiteboards, others have slide-out screens. The Internet is in all classrooms, ICTs are a key component of the lesson.
The spacious, air-conditioned, multi-purpose sports hall serves as a comfortable indoor room where students can play numerous games, develop their oratorical and theatrical talents throughout the year. In addition to the large multi-purpose gym, the school has a small sports ground that promotes learning in a variety of outdoor games. Two outdoor playgrounds for toddlers provide a safe and secure environment for physical activity throughout the year.
The school believes in identifying the best creative abilities of its students: the rooms of art and crafts and music contribute to the encouragement and support of talented young artists and musicians of all age groups.
Winchester has well-equipped science laboratories that encourage the practical application of scientific subjects.
There is a well-stocked library with books, periodicals and many other resources for all age groups. The love of reading is encouraged from a very early age as an independent way to enjoy learning and gain knowledge.
- Step 1 – Registration
After filling out the application, you will receive a request number (SR).
- Step 2 – Documents
If you receive a confirmation email containing your SR number and a link to complete your profile, you must download the required documents.
- Step 3 – Assessment
Documents will be reviewed and evaluated depending on availability.
- Step 4 – Registration
Places will be offered subject to availability: the admissions office will contact you (e-mail/phone) if space becomes available.
- Step 5 – Assessing the Child's Abilities
The selection and evaluation of the student is carried out through the admission committee, decisions are made by them. After this step, the student may be offered a place, he may be placed on a waiting list or he may be refused.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Emirates ID and sponsor visa (both parties),
- Passport of the parent (sponsor),
- Photo of the applicant,
- UAE identity card and visa of the applicant (both parties),
- Applicant's passport,
- Immunological map,
- Recent school report,
- Birth certificate,
- The official seal of the school and the signature of the principal.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Winchester Private School – Abu Dhabi
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.