- Private schools in England: the formation of high intelligence and aristocratic manners
- Private schools in Switzerland: refinement and personal growth
It is customary to closely observe the life of stars and celebrities. Someone dreams of the same glory and honors, and someone comprehends the information, trying to find their "star" path. Famous actors and writers, when receiving awards, thank colleagues and parents, and sometimes teachers. For the formation of a successful creative personality, the educational institutions in which they studied play an important role.
Many future stars already at school showed their extraordinary abilities, and they were supported, helped to make a choice. Or was it just that the environment at the school contributed to the deep development of the personality? The best private schools in Britain and Europe proudly display the lists of their former students, whose names are known to the whole world - these are famous politicians, scientists, actors and athletes.
Private schools in England: the formation of high intelligence and aristocratic manners
A foreign school certificate does not provide an opportunity to enter a universities abroad
- To try to enter a European or American university, after passing the USE, you will have to take an international exam or final exam in the country where the applicant wants to study.
- Another way is to graduate from a British or other European school, pass final exams (A-level) and immediately join the competition with other applicants for a place in one of the best universities in the world. It is expensive, but the graduate already speaks fluently the language of the country, is familiar with its history and realities.
- And if there is no desire or opportunity to go to study in England, then you can come in the summer to any of the private schools in England to "test" your English and get acquainted with a wonderful country.
Old private schools in England and Scotland have a three to two hundred year history and are housed in historic manors that often resemble palaces with parks. At the same time, schools are equipped with the latest equipment, and not only for study: there are sports grounds and swimming pools, studios for music and theater, art classes - everything that is needed for all-round development.
Private schools in England, where celebrities studied:
- Marlborough College
- Downe house
- Harrow school
- Westminster School
- Millfield School
- Rugby School
- Badminton School.
They are proud of their famous students and promise to make every effort to grow new stars. Kate Middleton, now Duchess of Cambridge, studied at Marlborough College and Downe House. In addition to a versatile education, here you can get good manners and skills in horseback riding, playing golf, creative individuals can study music or the visual arts.
Harrow School is a private male boarding school that prides itself on the high quality of education. Every year, more than 10% of students enter Oxbridge (Oxbridge is a commonwealth of Oxford and Cambridge, the oldest English universities, which are known for high requirements for the knowledge of applicants).
Celebrities who graduated from Harrow:
- Winston Churchill, famous politician, former Prime Minister of Great Britain
- Indian leader Jawaharlal Nehru, former Prime Minister of India
- Former King of Jordan Hussein ibn Talal
- English classic writers Lord Byron and John Galsworthy
- Singer James Blunt
- Filmmaker Richard Curtis
- Actor Benedict Cumberbatch.
Music occupies a leading position among the hobbies of Harrow School students. Choirs, vocal groups of different directions, orchestras are famous in the country and perform at the best venues in England. Sports are also extremely popular: football and rugby. There is even its own sport - Harrow football - with its own rules and a unique shape of the ball.
The historic buildings of Harrow are several centuries old, one more than 600 years old. Here Professor Flitwick's lesson was filmed for the first Harry Potter film.
Westminster School is one of the oldest British schools, founded in the 14th century. Westminster School is located in the center of the English capital. From the day of its foundation, the school has been patronized by British monarchs. It is not easy to enter here, even if there are funds for this - a competition of 10 people per place. Foreign students are accepted on the condition that they have a guardian in England.
Notable Westminster School alumni:
- Writer Alan Milne, author of books about Winnie the Pooh
- Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, author of the musicals Jesus Christ Superstar and Cats
- Peter Ustinov, writer, actor and director
- Experimental physicist Robert Hooke
- Oscar-winning director Tom Hooper
- Actress Helena Bonham Carter.
Millfield School is also one of the oldest private schools in England. Boys and girls can start studying here from the age of 13. Graduates of the school study at the best universities in the world, including the Ivy League Universities - the main universities in the United States.
Millfield School is renowned for its progressive facilities. On the sports grounds and in the swimming pool of the school, the Olympic teams train before the performance.
Notable alumni of Millfield School:
- Actress Nicolette Sheridan
- Journalist John Sargent
- Duncan Goodhugh, Olympic gold medalist in swimming.
This school is appreciated by both Russian politicians and tycoons. The children of Deripaska and Chubais, the grandson of Yeltsin, studied here.
The Rugby School was founded in the 16th century, and in the 19th century, the game of rugby was invented on its territory, which was loved in the country, and then throughout the world. Admission to school is based on test results. The high level of preparation allows students to enter the universities of the Russell Group - the best universities in the UK.
Notable alumni of Rugby School:
- Mathematician Charles Dodgson, aka Lewis Carroll, author of Alice in Wonderland
- Neville Chamberlain, Prime Minister of Great Britain
- William Webb Ellis, inventor of rugby
- Writers Salman Rushdie and Anthony Horowitz.
Badminton School is a girls' private school located in a picturesque location.
Notable alumni of Badminton School:
- Indira Gandhi, Prime Minister of India
- Jordanian princess Haya bin Al Hussein
- Iris Murdoch, a classic of English literature
- Actress Rosamund Pike.
Private schools in Switzerland: refinement and personal growth
College Beau Soleil is one of the most prestigious private schools in Switzerland . The school was founded in 1910 and is located in the Swiss Alps, a place that promotes health and aesthetic development.
They are accepted to school from the age of 8; in recent years, children from more than 50 countries have studied there. The number of students is only 260, so everyone is given attention. The school is aimed not only at obtaining a certain amount of knowledge for students - studying at College Beau Soleil contributes to the creative and personal development of children.
The school organizes many different events: concerts, competitions, international trips for educational purposes.