University of Pretoria
Description of University of Pretoria
- Established: 1908
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Pretoria, South Africa
- Rating: 596
- Number of students: 48,043
- Language of instruction: English, Afrikanaas.
The university of Pretoria (UP) was founded in 1908. UP belongs to large universities and has 48,043 students and more than 2100 teachers. The share of foreign students at the university is 10%. The university is included in the TOP-10 of the best universities in South Africa, and the leading directions of UP are:
- Social Sciences and Management
- Arts and Humanities
- Life sciences and medicine.
The university is part of the following associations:
- Association of African Universities (AAU)
- Higher Education South Africa (HESA)
- National Association of Distance Education and Open Learning in South Africa (NADEOSA).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Pretoria
Accommodation, meals, prices
On an annual competitive basis, students are provided with accommodation in a residence on campus.
- UP is in the 5% of the best higher education institutions in the world
- University students may be provided with financial assistance
- The university has developed international exchange programs.
Facilities and equipment at University of Pretoria
The university has seven campuses, the main of which is located in the capital of South Africa - Hatfield, each includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university begins in January.
- Entrance fee = $ 30
- Cost of living = $ 471 -696 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applications for educational programs for South African and foreign nationals are submitted online on specific dates. To use the online application system, you need Internet access and an email address. After submitting the online application, the student number (EMPLID) will be sent to the indicated email address as confirmation of receipt.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Pretoria
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.