The university of Pretoria (UP) was founded in 1908. UP belongs to large universities and has 48,043 students and more than 2100 teachers. The share of foreign students at the university is 10%. The university is included in the TOP-10 of the best universities in the country, and the leading directions of UP are:
The university is part of the following associations:
Undergraduate study programs are the most popular among applicants because they are adaptive, which allows students to study disciplines that are most relevant to their interests and abilities.
Students who have successfully completed their undergraduate programs have access to a wide range of professions. Many of the specialties specified in other programs can be recommended to students who choose a master's program.
After the successful completion of the master's program, students who wish to continue scientific and practical applied research can enter a doctoral program that provides maximum opportunities for professional and personal development.
On an annual competitive basis, students are provided with accommodation in a residence on campus.
The university has seven campuses, the main of which is located in the capital of South Africa - Hatfield, each includes its own library.
The academic year at the university begins in January.
Applications for educational programs for South African and foreign nationals are submitted online on specific dates. To use the online application system, you need Internet access and an email address. After submitting the online application, the student number (EMPLID) will be sent to the indicated email address as confirmation of receipt.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.