Stellenbosch University is one of the largest universities in the Republic of South Africa. The location of the university in a picturesque mountainous area and the atmosphere created by teachers and students makes the university a unique educational institution, popular among the local population and foreign students. The university occupies a leading position in the country due to its developed research base, has international recognition:
The university adheres to the policy of bilingual education - foreign students study in English, but if they wish, they can attend lectures in Afrikaans.
You can get a master's degree at all faculties of the Stellenbosch University:
The university has a residence on campus with amenities:
The university has a variety of clubs and communities of interest, among which are popular:
The university campus is located in a picturesque area in Stellenbosch in the heart of the Western Cape, which has become a real attraction among foreign students. Stellenbosch is the second oldest city in South Africa, founded in 1679, 50 km from Cape Town. Modern Stellenbosch is known to the world as a place with unique flora and fauna, incredible landscapes and a recognized cultural landscape. The city's rich history has given contemporaries an amazing architecture that combines Victorian, Georgian and Dutch styles. Sports and tourism infrastructure has added to the city's popularity - Stellenbosch is home to several stadiums (including the world's largest rugby stadium), numerous restaurants, cafes, cinemas, boutiques and shops.
The university offers to international students scholarships for academic and sporting achievements in the form of a tuition discount of up to 40% of the program cost.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.