Calcutta University is a public institution of higher education located in India. The city of Calcutta, in which the university is located, is proud of this prestigious institution. The beginning of the academic activity is connected with the time when the British dominated the country, the University of Calcutta (CU) opened its doors to students in 1857.
Calcutta University has a strong position in the national academic ranking. The institution is always present in the top twenty of the best Indian universities. Stable presence in the first 5 percent of the most elite universities in the world also affects the fact that this institution is considered one of the most popular places of study in the country.
In addition to high ratings, the high demand of the university among the entrants is due to the presence of prestigious faculties. Particularly distinguished faculty of social sciences, as well as the direction that prepares managers. This faculty is the pride of the university and, according to the assessment of international expertise, it occupies an honorable 380th place in the world ranking of the social sphere of education.
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
At the University of Calcutta the size of an average university. Approximately 19,000 students simultaneously study disciplines here. Many foreigners apply to the selection committee (they are credited on a general basis). The teaching process is provided with a staff of 554 specialists. Some teachers are invited foreign specialists with scientific degrees. Students can use international exchange programs. Details are posted on the social networks associated with the University of Calcutta.
You can get an independent part of the training with the help of a powerful scientific library with all the necessary resources. Hostels have excellent conditions and are provided for everyone.
The prestige of the University of Calcutta is complemented by membership in such a group as the Association of Indian Universities.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.