- Secondary education in Miami for foreign students
- How to prepare for university entrance
- Types of education on language courses
- Linguistic programs for foreign students in Miami
- List of prestigious educational institutions with preparatory academic and language courses
Miami is a popular destination for combining study and leisure abroad - students from all over the world come here! Here you can get an American or international education, enjoy beach rest and other recreational leisure. In the US, one of the best educations in the world, the most effective methods of teaching students are used.
Secondary education in Miami for foreign students
- Secondary school students attend from 12 to 14 years, which corresponds to grades 6-8. Students study a number of compulsory subjects (for example, history, mathematics, English, natural sciences) and 2-3 subjects, which they choose independently.
- The next stage of education is the senior school, its duration is 4 classes (from 9 to 12 classes). The peculiarity of education is that students themselves choose which classes they want to attend and study: at this stage they start earning educational credits necessary for entering the university.
- The last 2 years in high school can be used to qualify for International Baccalaureate (IB) - this international diploma is recognized throughout the world (for 2 years students are studying subjects to choose from).
- In the 12th grade, students can study the Advanced Placement Program: they are chosen by students who want to enter the leading and elite universities. The essence of the program is that the student chooses subjects that he wants to study in depth, and this method of teaching in high school is very effective.
How to prepare for university entrance
Universities of America are very popular among foreign students, but for admission it is important to have certain academic knowledge and to have a high score on the results of the language exam. In Miami there are educational institutions that allow to pass pre-university courses for students:
- preparatory programs with in-depth study of subjects to choose from;
- University Pathway Program;
- linguistic courses to prepare for the passing of language examinations.
The organization of the education is designed in such a way that the student not only learns, but also develops comprehensively - this is the key feature of education and upbringing.
Types of education on language courses
- in a group of 8-15 people;
- individual sessions.
Further education for obtaining a bachelor's title can be continued at the best universities in Miami:
- New York Film Academy South Beach Miami;
- Johnson & Wales University North Miami.
For higher education, the leading institutions of the United States of America can also be considered.
Linguistic programs for foreign students in Miami
Often students need to pass language examinations (TOEFL / GMAT / GRE / SAT) for receiving foreign education in the US, the results of which can be taken into account by the selection committee. Miami provides an opportunity to prepare for them in courses in language schools. For example, at Academia Sanchez-Casal Florida, English language courses can be combined with tennis.
List of prestigious educational institutions with preparatory academic and language courses
- American Heritage School Plantation Florida offers preparatory programs for future students: Pre-medical Program, Pre-law Program, Pre-engineering Program. General academic studies are complemented by the possibility of in-depth study of medicine, engineering and law. The cost for the education will be from 45,000 $ / year. The school has 2 campuses, students live in host families.
- OHLA Miami is an elite language school in Miami for students, in which the University Pathway Program preparatory program is available. It includes an intensive linguistic course, academic classes in basic disciplines, preparation for international testing (TOEFL, IELTS, Cabridge FCE / CAE ). The price of education for the week will be from 300 $ / week.
- Sprachcaffe Miami is one of the leading language schools in Miami; for students who want to continue their studies at the university, academic English courses are provided. Duration 12 weeks, the cost is from 2,880 $ /, the intensity of classes - 4 lessons a day, all teachers are native speakers. The program allows not only to improve the level of English knowledge, but also to adapt to living in this city.
Education in Miami on preparatory courses has positive feedback among graduates, who later successfully entered prestigious American universities. You can contact SMAPSE, a partner of many international educational institutions, and experts will select a program for you free of charge.