• Services
    • Services and prices
    • Immigration and citizenship
    • Scholarships
    • Tutoring and preparation for schools, universities abroad
  • Information
  • Partnership
    • Group travel
    • For teachers
    • Terms of partnership (for agents)
    • Instructions (for agents)
    • FAQ (for agents)
    • For schools
    • Educational fairs
    • Advertising
  • Contacts
2018-07-30 11:57:08

Study in Canada after graduation for foreign students

Study in Canada after graduation for foreign students

Canadian educational institutions offer very attractive educational programs for foreign students. In this article SMAPSE experts will talk about entering the university and the features of education at the stage of pre-university preparation.

What should be considered for students who dream of studying abroad:

  • Canadian universities can only enroll students who have reached the age of 18; foreign students under the age of 18 after school can enroll in colleges that offer a variety of programs, including undergraduate study
  • For the graduate of the school, who has not reached the age of 18, the main condition for admission to the college will be high results of international examinations (IELTS 6.0-7.0, TOEFL-580-600, DALF / DELF level 2-3). In addition, it is necessary to have an official guardian or guarantor in Canada
  • Both in colleges and universities establish quota places for applicants from other countries
  • The organization of the Canadian educational system allows graduates over 18 years of age to enter the school with a certificate immediately after graduation. But, despite the fact that Canadian universities accept foreign certificates, there can be a number of difficulties: insufficiently high level of knowledge of a foreign language or gaps in academic knowledge greatly affect the stage of enrollment
  • In Canada, you can get an education in French or English: there are a large number of preparatory courses for overseas students, designed to significantly improve the language level as soon as possible
  • The certificates are examined with the help of the GPA, the average score of the certificate, which is calculated according to a special formula
  • Some universities will need to pass exams that determine the level of knowledge of the school curriculum (SAT or ACT)
  • A prerequisite is a certificate confirming a good level of language proficiency.

Topical information for foreign students: how to enter the best universities in Canada

1. The programs of preparation for the academic environment and courses of increasing linguistic skills are very popular among foreign students:

  • University Transfer Program - a program that combines education in school subjects with English classes. During the year the student will be given intensive education before the entrance exams to the university. The advantage of this program is that, provided that the student successfully completes his studies, the student enters the second year of the university, thus not losing the year spent on the course. For example, Fraser International College , established as a quality educational institution, offers transfer programs for foreign applicants, which include basic and profile education for the university.
  • English for Academic Purposes is an intensive course aimed at improving language skills to an advanced level. The program provides five-hour studying 5 times a week, the duration of the course is 12 weeks. SMAPSE experts recommend that you read the Braemar College educational programs.
  • Foundation - a learning system aimed at improving language skills. Intensive English classes will allow you to achieve high results in the shortest possible time, sufficient for passing the language exam. For example, Royal Roads University offers an International Foundation course that will quickly adapt to a new cultural, academic and language environment.

List of requirements of top Canadian universities for foreign students:

  • notarized certificate
  • application for admission
  • GPA - the average score of the certificate (usually universities provide a formula for calculating the GPA)
  • motivation letter
  • recommendation letter
  • TOEFL or IELTS certificate
  • results of passing the SAT or ACT exams.
All articles
Your comment / review / question
There are no comments here yet
Your comment / review
If you have a question, write it, we will try to answer
* - Field is mandatory
Egor Eremeev
Current material has been prepared by Egor Eremeev
Education: Westminster University (Business & Management), London.
Egor studied and lived in the UK for 8 years and graduated from the university of Westminster. He is currently the co-founder and the director of business development at Smapse Education and personally visits foreign schools and universities, interviews students studying in those institutions.
Callback Online consultant
Напишите нам, мы онлайн!