- TOP-6 advantages of studying in Canada for foreign students
- TOP features of getting secondary education in Canada
- Best schools in Canada: a short description and prices
Canada is one of the few countries that leads rankings of high-quality education for adults - it is about 99%. The government annually invests considerable funds in the development of education and science, so the requirements and standards are quite high.
There is no general strict state educational system on the territory of the country, as each province makes up its own educational program, taking into account national and cultural peculiarities and history. In general, the educational system in many respects consists of pre-school institutions, primary and secondary schools, colleges and universities.
TOP-6 advantages of studying in Canada for foreign students
- There are 2 official languages in the country: English and French. Education is conducted in any of these languages, which enables foreign students to study in a bilingual environment
- Education in the country is financed by the state, therefore there is everything for fascinating studies. The level of equipping the classrooms, the technical capabilities of laboratories, the professionalism of the pedagogical staff can not but delight!
- Canada is a country with high living standards: to study here is not only prestigious and comfortable, but also interesting. The quality of the organization of the educational process and extra-curricular pastime helps foreign students to join the intercultural environment as quickly as possible and get acquainted with the traditions and culture of the country
- The Canadian diploma is recognized by any country in the world (it does not need to be confirmed when you work). In addition, Canadian diploma greatly facilitates the process of immigration to the country
- The cost of studying in Canada is relatively low compared to other developed countries such as the USA and the United Kingdom
TOP features of getting secondary education in Canada
In Canada, as in other countries, there are public and private boarding schools, as well as religious schools (Catholic). In public institutions, Canadians study - for them, education is free. For foreign students, studying in private boarding schools is a perfect option.
In the middle classes there is a division into compulsory subjects (English and French, history, mathematics, geography, physical education and vocational guidance) and desirable, optional (at the choice of the student and his parent). In upper gardes, the list of subjects increases and can reach up to 35 disciplines (for purposeful children who want to continue their studies at a university).
Students' success is assessed on a five-point scale, where A is the highest score, F is the lowest. Alternative system of knowledge assessment - in%: at the end of each year, the average percentage is deduced, and if the student has scored more than 51%, it is transferred to the next grade.
Each foreign student is assigned an accompanying person who helps to adapt as quickly as possible abroad.
Best schools in Canada: a short description and prices
It is a privately owned prestigious co-educational school: it is a boarding school (from the age of 12), and a day school for pupils from 4 to 18 years old. Founded in 1842, the college seeks to develop in its pupils abilities and talents, leadership qualities. Here, an individual, personal approach is practiced - thus revealing the physical, creative, spiritual and academic potential.
The college is located on 16 hectares in the province of Ontario. In addition to the modernly equipped educational building and residence for students, the territory has a rich sports infrastructure: 3 football fields, a baseball field, badminton fields, a swimming pool, 2 modern sports halls, and a large ice arena. All this provides an excellent atmosphere for study and sports development.
Accommodation and meals are organized according to the full board. The cost of the year of study in the middle classes is from 63 020 Canadian dollars.
The private boarding school Brookes Shawnigan Lake is a part of the Brookes Education Group. The goal of the organization is an educational exchange between students from all over the world. Foreign students can join Brookes Shawnigan Lake School as early as 12 years. In total, about 150 people study at the school, which ensures an individual educational approach and a warm, friendly atmosphere.
The location on the shore of the lake offers great opportunities for practicing water sports. The sports infrastructure of the school includes its own boat station with boats, kayaks, sailboats. In addition to sports, students can take part in various sections: a mathematical circle, clothing design, painting and painting.
This educational institution pays much attention to the preparation of children in the field of art. Along with school subjects, foreign languages, dramatic and acting skills are taught at a high level. Graduates of the school easily enter the best universities in Canada and the USA: New York University, University of California at Los Angeles, University of Toronto.
Accommodation and meals are organized according to the full board. The cost of studying starts from 47,500 Canadian dollars
It is located near the Lake Ontario and is considered one of Canada's most prestigious educational institutions. From Ridley College you can easily get to Toronto, the American city of Buffalo in the state of New York, Niagara Falls.
Ridley College is known for a high level of academic preparation - almost all graduates of the Ridley College School enroll in the best universities in Canada and the United States.
Foreign students are ready to take the school at the age of 11: for them it is possible to study in the middle, high school, preparation for entering the university according to the IB program (from the age of 16). In summer, English language camps for children from 9 to 17 years old are open.
Classes are equipped with the latest technology, and the sports infrastructure allows you to practice different kinds of sports from tennis to rowing.
Accommodation and meals are organized according to the full board. The cost of studying starts from 47,500 Canadian dollars.