Monaco is the dream of all millionaires. Why does this country attract wealthy people from all over the world?
Its area is only 2.02 square kilometers, there are no taxes for citizens, although the state of every third resident is more than a million dollars. Most of all, tourists note the absence of familiar cars - all Ferrari and Rolls-Royse drive through the city streets, super-jets and private jets fly in the sky, and private premium yachts ride on the waters. The population density is high, and the demand for real estate is even higher, so the project includes an increase in the number of bulk islands, which will cost the kingdom 2.1 billion $. It is estimated that 16 thousand millionaires will purchase housing on the new islands of Monaco.
Economics of a country
Monaco is a constitutional monarchy, a principality. Now the kingdom is headed by Prince Albert II, who lives in a palace of incredible beauty with his wife and two children. The economy of the kingdom is developing in large strides, which makes it possible to miss such a state-forming phenomenon as taxes. The development takes place thanks to the widespread tourism, luxury real estate and gambling business. Casino Monte Carlo and Formula 1 races are famous and attract people from all over the world to see it live.
The cost of housing in Monaco is very high - around 100 thousand dollars per 1 square meter. Acquisition of real estate in the kingdom is not a guarantee of obtaining citizenship: among the 40 thousand inhabitants of the country, only 5 thousand have a Monaco passport. By the way, becoming a citizen of the country not by the fact of birth is an almost impossible task, it even lends itself not to all millionaires. To do this, you need to live in the country for 10 years and submit an application for consideration to the Grand Duke personally. The statistics are not very comforting: over the past 50 years, only 5 people have received a Monaco passport.
As mentioned above, one of the kingdom's main sources of income is local attractions. These include:
- Monaco-Ville is a city that is 300 meters wide and 700 meters long
- Museum of old Monaco
- Botanical Garden, which displays the largest collection of succulents from around the world
- Larvotto beach
- Vintage car museum
- Japanese garden, the purpose of which is to remind of the perfect harmony of man and nature
- Cathedral of St. Nicholas, serving as the burial vault of the great dukes
- Casino Monte Carlo
- Princess Grace's Rosary
- Opera House of Monte Carlo.
Interesting facts about Monaco
- Monaco ranks second in the ranking of the smallest states in the world after the Vatican
- The country employs 30,000 foreign people who come to the kingdom every day to work from France
- If the grand dynasty is interrupted, the country will be ruled by France
- Monaco is on a small list of countries where you can use real military weapons during filming
- The country has no external debt
- There is a university in the kingdom
- The orchestra of Monaco consists of more people than the army
- The entire territory of the country is viewed by video cameras
- The citizens of the kingdom are prohibited from visiting casinos - they all work only for foreign people.