We present the best universities in Switzerland for studying cinema, drama and dance: only proven educational institutions, in-demand specialties and high-quality programs.
Benefits of Studying Film, Drama and Dance in Switzerland
The prestige of higher education in Switzerland is evident in the quality of education, curriculum relevance, practice orientation and elite student conditions. Therefore, many students from all over the world are striving to pursue a degree in creative fields in Switzerland. Advantages of Swiss universities:
- Swiss universities contribute to the development of the creative industries and are considered benchmarks thanks to top higher schools, international recognition, and a high level of professional training
- Strong theoretical training is inseparable from intensive practice - students attend lectures, workshops, spend six months on an internship
- Many universities offer to change the university in 3-4 years of study and continue their studies in another country, for example, in Spain , Great Britain , China or the USA. This provides an opportunity to look at the profession from an international perspective and broaden your horizons.
- Upon completion of training, young specialists are in demand and competitive in the labor market, they can realize themselves in creative or related fields.
The Performing Arts program, or the performing arts, combines three areas: dance, drama, and cinema. This area includes a variety of specialties, from the history of theatrical art to advanced choreography.
- Visual communication
- Art history and culture
- History and theory of arts
- Contemporary choreography
- History of theatrical art
For example, the Master of Arts in Dance program at Zurich University of the Arts is a two-year course that can be taught in English or German . It combines two directions. On the one hand, students study choreography, on the other, they master coaching and teaching. This training provides an excellent basis for working with dancers. The course includes the study of choreographic and teaching techniques.
Master of Arts in Music Performance Zurich University of the Arts is another master's program, which lasts 2 years, the language of instruction is English. The course specializes in classical music. The MSc in Dramatic Arts is offered by the University of Performing Arts of Western Switzerland, a German-language university. Students are offered two specializations to choose from - scenography and directing.
Ranking of Creative and Humanities Universities in Switzerland
- University of Zurich
- University of Geneva
- University of Basel
- University of Bern
- University of Lausanne
- Glion Institute of Higher Education Switzerland
- César Ritz Colleges Switzerland
- Webster University Geneva
- International University in Geneva
- IMI Luzern .