Many parents want to send their children to study in England, but many are afraid of the complex process of organizing a trip and lack of knowledge in the field of studying abroad. SMAPSE experts will tell you about TOP-5 most important things you need to know if you or your child wants to go abroad to get an education. Absolutely every student has a chance to enter the most elite and prestigious universities in Europe, but for this it is necessary to go through several mandatory stages.
Studying in England is interesting and fascinating: the UK education system allows you to obtain academic knowledge that contribute to rapid career growth - students quickly improve linguistic skills and, after a short amount of time, communicate freely in English. Teachers are constantly striving to engage students in extracurricular activities, they are engaged in their moral education. A large percentage of educational institutions are in the TOP lists around the world, which shows the prestige and high quality of education in the UK.
The education system of the UK has been formed over the years: teachers develop their own teaching methods, are well aware of the peculiarities of raising students, easily find a common language with adults and children, appreciate the centuries-old traditions of organizing education in England. So what do you need to know to send your child to study in England?
TOP-5 important things you need to know about education in England
- To enter the university, foreign students must pass the A-Level exam or take one of the preparatory courses:
- Foundation program
- International year one
- International Baccalaureate.
- A high level of knowledge of English is important at any stage of study in the UK, except for short-term linguistic courses. Many students come to improve their knowledge of the English language, and some language schools in the UK students even with a low level of knowledge of a foreign language, which cannot be said about high schools and universities in England. Foreign students can always combine their studies with learning English, if their level of knowledge is not enough to understand the academic program.
- To receive secondary education in England, foreign students almost always go to private schools in the UK — public schools are available only for children of parents who permanently reside in the country. According to statistics, foreign students most often make the choice in favor of private boarding schools in England, where they not only attend classes, but also live in a school residence (there are also half-board schools and schools with a day attendance).
- The cost of studying at a school, international college or university is justifiably high: the ranking of educational institutions speaks for itself, and the impeccable quality of education in England is confirmed from year to year. Many educational institutions will require a sponsorship letter for admission confirming the solvency of the sponsor of the student.
- But even despite the high tuition fees, the demand for education in England is very high, so you should take care of organizing a trip abroad in advance.
These pre-university programs allow you to get academic and language skills that will later help you enter the desired university in England or Europe. The advantage of studying in England before entering a university is adaptation to life in the country, involvement in the process of studying abroad. After the 9th or 10th grade, students usually come to England to study on the A-Level program: it is not compulsory, but highly valued internationally, and the results of the certificate are accepted by the most prestigious and elite universities, even the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
Education in the UK for foreign students: requirements and prices
- filing an application with an educational institution
- buying tickets
- housing search
- obtaining a visa.
Academic and linguistic requirements that universities in England make:
- TOEFL from 92, IELTS from 7.0
- available diplomas, certificates, certificates
- grades sheet for recent years of study
- motivation letter
- interview with a representative of a school or university (in-person or online).
Typically, the cost of education in schools and universities in England includes:
- educational program
- educational materials
- full board and board
- use of the entire campus infrastructure
- excursions, entertainment.
Additional costs associated with studying abroad:
- medical insurance
- entrance fee
- round-trip flights
- personal pocket money
- visa fees and services
- consular fee
- additional excursions, travel
- additional language courses, academic classes.
Admission to the best universities in the UK on the example of Brunel University
Take Brunel University (London) as an example and analyze in detail the nuances of entering a UK university.
On admission, strict requirements are made:
- school certificate / A-level or IB, Foundation
- IELTS from 6.0 (TOEFL from 79)
- BrunELT test 60-70%,
- PTE 51 - 66.
Age of foreign students:
International year one
Organization of education includes: theoretical knowledge, practical skills, teachers organize laboratory work, practice while studying.
Tuition at Brunel University:
International year one
13,200 £ / year
12,250 £ / year
14,400 £ / year
14,100 £ / year
Many students are interested in the question: “When can I apply to foreign universities?” - SMAPSE experts recommend that you adhere to the following recommendations for admission:
- pre-university courses - for 6-9 months
- undergraduate or graduate programs - a year before the start of education.
Smaps employees will help you choose the best school, program, course for your child - SMAPSE experts work with top international educational institutions around the world. They can also completely free you from organizing a trip and take on any issues - this is especially true when entering the best schools or universities in England, where more stringent requirements are imposed when submitting documents. When professionals are involved, the risks of refusing a student visa are reduced, which is one of the most important stages, since it is important for students to come to England to start classes. SMAPSE employees keep in touch even after starting their studies and are ready to help at any time - thousands of satisfied customers have already received education abroad!