Thonburi University is a private university in Bangkok, founded in 1998 in memory of Sapuchai Yamchuti, founder of the Tonburi College of Technology. The main goal of the university is to popularize higher education among Thai youth. Today, the university is authorized to award bachelor and master degrees.
In order for students to be in demand on the international labor market, the management of Thonburi University is establishing contacts with local enterprises to develop practical skills. A large percentage of graduates receive job offers before graduation.
Tonburi University offers a variety of accommodation options tailored to student needs. First of all, freshmen and foreign students are provided with a place in the hostel on the campus, everyone else is helped in finding private housing in the city. Students living in the city can use the university transport.
The campus covers an area of 40 acres. The university has its own transport service, available for students and teachers, which can be used to move around the city. The campus today is seven modern buildings. Each building consists of four floors, the classrooms are furnished, equipped with appliances and air conditioning.
In front of two undergraduate buildings, a pond with rare exotic fish was broken by the forces of students. A Buddhist temple, a statue-monument to the late King of Thailand Somdet pra Chao Toxin Maharach, was opened not far from the master's buildings. Behind the temple are the cafeteria and the Cultural-Historical Center-Museum of Thailand.
The library building of the University of Tonburi is called the Learning and Resources Center: the building is young, located next to the academic building of undergraduates. The library contains a wide range of textbooks, magazines, periodicals, scientific journals and manuals on technological resources, CD / DVDs, computers and an online database of more than 43,000 items, some of which are English-speaking. The library can accommodate more than 600 students at a time. Reading rooms are air-conditioned. Total area - 1564 sq.m.
The school year at Thonburi University begins in the fall. Additional costs - payment of accommodation, meals, funds for the personal needs of students.
In order to be enrolled at Thonburi University , an applicant must provide:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.