- Enrolling at Columbia University is an important step towards a successful life
- How to enter Columbia University?
- How to enter Columbia University with an increased chance?
Thousands of people around the world dream of enrolling at Columbia University - this is a very prestigious American university. It was founded in 1754, located in Manhattan, in New York. The university is famous for its famous graduates, historical discoveries and the presence of several laboratories where research is carried out important for humanity. The Columbia University diploma is appreciated in all the largest companies in the world - having it, you can create a good career, ensuring yourself a decent future.
Enrolling at Columbia University is an important step towards a successful life
At least 30,000 people want to enter Columbia University every year: 10-12 applicants per place. It attracts admission by the fact that you can get two diplomas at once, without wasting time on a second education: among the partners of the university are several universities in Paris and the London School of Economics. Among the advantages stand out:
A large number of circles and communities
You have a choice of more than 250 different interest groups:
Convenience of choosing a specialty
For several months, students can look at different specialties, attending any classes.
95 out of 100 people graduating here find prestigious jobs.
Manhattan is a prestigious area of New York: in its free time, shops and lots of entertainment are available for students.
Dormitory places for all students.
Among the graduates of the university are 94 Nobel Prize winners, 2 dozen billionaires and many other famous people:
- Franklin Roosevelt - 32nd USA President
- Joseph Pulitzer - a millionaire who left a large legacy to the university
- Edwin Armstrong - creator of FM radio
- Barack Obama - 44th US President
- Warren Buffett - a billionaire with a fortune of more than 73 billion US dollars
- Jake Gyllenhaal is an actor known for the Brokeback Mountain movie.
Every year, the university patents at least 175 developments in the medical field. In the research centers and laboratories of Columbia University, several important discoveries were made, without which our world would be slightly different:
- Laser was invented here
- University pharmacists have created more than 3 dozens of drugs used in the world today for the treatment of cancerous tumors, arthritis and other diseases.
- Many people with disabilities thank Columbia University for inventing modern prostheses.
- Scientists have designed a method of transmitting video and sound, called MPEG-2.
An extensive network of tunnels has been laid under the walls of the university, and you can walk along many of them. The university is famous for traditions: literary evenings of poems without rhyme are held annually - they value content rather than rhythm. Before the chemistry exam, America’s oldest orchestra, founded in 1896, holds a concert to support students.
Columbia University offers studying in 18 faculties and colleges: 3 of them prepare bachelors (more than 100 areas), the remaining 15 tasks are the education of masters and doctors of sciences.
How to enter Columbia University?
It is quite difficult to enter Columbia University - the admissions committee has an increased requirement for academic performance: in addition to the school certificate, you need to provide an extract of grades for 4 years.
Requirements for admission to undergraduate studies:
- Have a SAT of 2,150 or ACT of 32
- Pass additional SAT entrance exams
- Provide IELTS (from 7.0) or TOEFL (from 100) results
- Get two letters of recommendation
- Write a written work and essay
- On creative specialties may request examples of work.
For admission to the magistracy, you must additionally submit a diploma with an extract and GMAT or GRE certificates.
It is important to catch up to December 15th. The cost of studying at Columbia University is from 24,000 $ per year for undergraduate studies, a master's degree will cost from 16,000 $ to 43,000 $ per year of study: the most expensive education is at a business school. Funds are open at the university for Americans and many foreign students. There are scholarship payments that reach half or more of the cost of study.
How to enter Columbia University with an increased chance?
If you do not know how to enter Columbia University, doubting your chances, go to study at a foreign school - this will give you a significant advantage. In the USA there are pre-university programs for schoolchildren and students that increase the chances of enrollment: Advanced Placement (complicated), High School Diploma (universal), International Baccalaureate.
After completing courses at prestigious educational institutions in America, you will increase the chances of entering this university: