Description of Tamkang University
- Established: 1950
- Number of students: 28,000
- Location: New Taipei, Taiwan
- Language of instruction: Chinese, English
- Type: private.
Tamkang University was founded in 1950 as a junior college of English literature. Initially, the education was two years, then - three years. Tamkan received the status of a higher educational institution in 1980, along with the right to assign a bachelor's degree. Tamkan University today has 11 faculties, about 100 academic programs, 28,000 students and more than 2,000 teachers.
The school's motto is “Simplicity. True. Hardness. Perseverance. " According to the results of a survey of students and teachers, the main symbol is the dolphin: an animal that is the embodiment of dexterity and mind.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tamkang University
- In 2015, the university entered the Top 300 of the best educational institutions for education of the specialists in English and literature according to the QS University Rankings
- Friendly atmosphere among students who call themselves Taman
- Joint research projects and study programs with more than 100 universities in 31 countries
- Qualified teaching staff, regular lectures by invited specialists.
Facilities and equipment at Tamkang University
The university has three campuses:
- Tamsui, or "City of Intelligence" - American-style campus
- Taipei, or the “Sea of Knowledge Navigator” - a campus for the implementation of the program of continuing education and education of foreign students
- Lanyang, or the "Garden of Wisdom", which provides education in English only.
The distance form of education is implemented on the platform “Knowledge Space”.
On the basis of the Tamsui campus work:
- Champion Incubation Center
- Wind Energy Research Center
- Digital Language Research Center
- Haruki Murakami Research Center
- Center for Intellectual Informatics and Robotics
- Resource Center for the Visually Impaired
- Ocean and Underwater Technology Research Center
- Research Institute of Transport and Logistics.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at the University of Tamkan, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education with certified translation
- Motivation letter
- Registration fee payment receipt
- Original certificate of delivery of TOPIC level 3 and above, TOEFL 530 (CBT197, iBT 71), IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2 or TEPS 600.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tamkang University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.