Satakunta University of Applied Sciences (Satakunnan ammattikorkeakoulu, SAMK) was founded in 1997 and is one of the largest state universities of applied sciences in western Finland. The educational institution implements 28 educational programs of undergraduate and graduate programs in the field of robotics, artificial intelligence, automation, shipping management, etc.
Bachelor's educational programs are presented in the following areas:
Master's education programs are presented in the following areas:
New strategic thinking and business concepts, excellent networking and leadership skills are in high demand in the global business environment. The MBA SAMK program in the specialty of Business and Entrepreneurship Management develops the competencies necessary for strategic management and development of business operations. The focus is on small and medium-sized companies, especially their international business activity.
The school has four campuses located in Pori, Rauma, Guittinene and Kankaanpaa.
The main SAMK campus is located in Pori, one of Finland’s 6 medieval cities, known today as the venue for Europe’s oldest jazz festival, Pori Jazz.
The logistics of the university includes:
The university has a two-semester academic year.
For admission to SAMK you must:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.