Sumqayit State University (SDU)
Description of Sumqayit State University (SDU)
- Established: 2000
- Location: Sumgait, Azerbaijan
- Number of students: 5000
- Language of instruction: Azerbaijani
- Type: state.
Sumgait State University was founded in 1962 as a branch of the Azerbaijan State Oil Academy. Since 2000, it functions as a separate higher educational institution; since 2007, the university switched to the Bologna system of education.
SSU assigns a major role to international cooperation, being a member of the Association of Azerbaijan-Russian Universities and Caspian State Universities. Under exchange programs, students can get education at higher educational institutions in Germany, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, England, Spain, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Estonia.
On the basis of the educational institution, various student organizations operate:
- Student Union Committee
- Student Youth Organization
- Student Scientific Society.
In 1992, the Sumgait State Technical College was established, which is supervised by the university.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Sumqayit State University (SDU)
- Assistance in admission and further support of foreign students
- Possibility to apply for studies on the university website
- Wide range of specialties
- Participation in international exchange programs
- The teaching staff, among which members of ANAS, academics, professors, doctors and candidates of sciences.
Facilities and equipment at Sumqayit State University (SDU)
Sumgait State University includes:
- Three educational buildings
- 2 dorms
- Publishing house
- Sports complex
- The dining room.
All audiences are equipped with computer and interactive technology.
Students can develop scientific activities in:
- Training Center
- Information Technology Center
- Career Center
- Center for Continuing Education
- Linguistic Center.
Students with disabilities carry out scientific activities at the Disabled Science Center.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student of SSU, an applicant must:
- Get a student visa
- Apply online
- Verify language proficiency
- Provide a certificate of general secondary education.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Sumqayit State University (SDU)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.