- Summer schools near London: courses for students
- Summer schools in the suburbs of London: accommodation options
- Summer schools near London: tuition fees
- The best summer schools in the suburbs of London
Summer schools in the suburbs of London: the benefits of education
The British education system today is one of the best in the world, tens of thousands of students from all over the world are studying in the country. Not only secondary and higher education are popular, but also short-term programs, including summer schools. Not only in London as in the capital, but also in its suburbs, a large number of educational institutions offering specially adapted vacation programs for foreign students are concentrated: study and rest can be an excellent option for vacations. The courses combine academic studies with adventure and active recreation, provide an opportunity to raise the level of English and simultaneously engage in the favorite thing. Available also for children with low language level!
The advantages of studying in a suburb of London
- One of the best educational systems in the world
- A small distance from the capital (mainly within an hour's drive)
- Organization at the highest level
- Diverse offers
- Comprehensive Development Program
- Sport and creativity
- Opportunity to get acquainted with the educational institution
- Cultural and entertainment program
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
- Comfortable accommodation and meals
- 100% security: all participants are supervised around the clock.
Summer schools near London: courses for students
The centers open their doors to all comers in June, July and August (sometimes in some weeks in May or September). Duration starts from 1 week, standard courses last 2-6 weeks, but there may be more. Participants are divided into age groups and groups by level of ownership.
There are different types of language classes:
- Raising the level (standard, intensive)
- Preparation for exams and tests
- Preparation for admission to the educational institution.
Lessons are held from Monday to Friday, from morning to lunch in classes with a small number of people. Teachers are native English speakers and have an exceptionally high level of competence and rich work experience. The individual approach is actively applied - the students reveal their potential and do not hesitate to ask questions and clarify difficult moments. Classes include the following sections / topics:
- Grammar, vocabulary
- Written speech
- Interactive classes for the development of spoken language
- Preparation and presentation of presentations and reports
- Discussions, debates, communication
- Group and individual projects
- Development of the ability to correctly and accurately express their thoughts in oral and written form.
Afternoon and weekends are devoted to sports activities, creativity and various hobbies. Extra-curricular life is an important part, since summer vacations are the main time for recreation and entertainment! Students choose the direction of interest for themselves:
- Sports: professional training for a certain type of physical fitness (for example, football).
- Creative: a wide range of directions from the field of music, cinema, theater, photography, performing arts, fine arts - you can attend electives or engage in professional activities.
- Academic: there is an opportunity to study different disciplines - physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, algebra, geometry, history, ecology, literature and much more.
- Rest: the direction is concentrated on entertainment and active rest, visiting a lot of excursions and events.
Summer schools in the suburbs of London: accommodation options
Thanks to the fact that summer schools for students are located near London, students have the opportunity to visit its sights, historical and cultural monuments.
The host party takes care of all issues related to accommodation and meals. Types of accommodation can be different - there is an option for everyone:
1) Residence (fully equipped rooms)
2) Host family (residence in the home of a local family)
3) Hotel / apartments (individual conditions).
All participants are provided with meals (types of food depend on accommodation and other conditions, the details for you will be clarified by SMAPSE manager).
Summer schools near London: tuition fees
The cost of education differs depending on the institution, orientation, intensity and other conditions. The total price, as a rule, includes:
- English lessons
- Sport and creativity
- Excursions and trips
- Cultural and entertainment events
- Disciplines (if any)
- Accommodation and meals
- Teaching materials and manuals.
The costs for air tickets, visa and pocket money are paid separately. It is necessary to take into account the fact that the demand for courses is great, and you need to take care of booking in advance.
The best summer schools in the suburbs of London
Examples of summer schools in the suburbs of London:
- Felsted School. An independent prestigious boarding school offers several types of summer course for students: scientific, mathematical, culture and art, physical culture and sports, Pre-IB (preparation for International Baccalaureate). The most popular program is "Performing Mastery", developed in cooperation with The National Theater, Royal Court Theater, Bush Theater, Hampstead Theater and Sydney Theater Company under the guidance of one of the best artists of Britain Max Stafford-Clark. A huge number of leisure and sports destinations! From 1,200 £ per week.
- Tottenham Football Camp. Professional football program at the University of Royal Holloway under the auspices of the famous team "Tottenham Hotspur". The campus is well-developed infrastructure and allows students to train hard and improve their skills: often here are trained athletes and members of children's football teams, because the training is conducted by the current coaches of "Tottenham". There is also a course with an emphasis on excursions and recreation. From 1,990 £ in 2 weeks.
- Epsom College Thames Valley Summer School. TVSS is one of the largest and most prestigious organizers of summer vacation schools in Britain. 2-4-week education is aimed at raising the general level and actively developing oral speech: 4 lessons per day are conducted, while in the process of working on sections of linguistics, students are preparing for the Trinity exam. Sport and sightseeing programs, additional classes in performing arts, design and photography make the educational process not tiring, but vacations - interesting and rich. From 2,080 £ in 2 weeks.
- Caterham school Our World is held at the famous Caterham School. "English + rest": a large number of activities, entertainment and excursions. "English + football": professional training with qualified trainers of the famous football club Chelsea, the course also includes the study of sports psychology, team tactics and strategy, features of nutrition and training schedule. Other sports are also available: squash, basketball, football, badminton, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, cricket, lapta, swimming, aerobics. Various leisure and entertainment options are available: sports team games, discos, celebrations, parties, birthdays, talent shows, intellectual quizzes, joint screenings (films in English). The list of excursions offered for international students is extended: Brighton, Oxford, Chessington Adventure Park, Leeds Margate Castle, Tower of London, Shakespeare's Globe Theater, National Gallery, Tate Gallery, Dahlich Art Gallery, Buckingham Palace. From 2,500 £ for 2 weeks.