Summer schools in Britain are a great opportunity for students to have a fun and useful vacation. England, and in general, Britain, has simply a huge number of proposals for vacation summer camps, combining study and leisure, many of which have an academic and / or adventure character. Year after year, the number of students coming to the UK for seasonal programs is growing.
The popularity of this direction is explained by several reasons:
- British education is one of the best in the world
- High level of organization
- Different prices and costs that make learning accessible to different groups of the population
- Are held in elite and prestigious establishments
- An opportunity to get acquainted with a school, college or university
- Effective progress in mastering the language
- Included additional activities - sports, creativity, hobbies
- A diverse cultural and entertainment program
- 100% security (all students are in care)
- Highly qualified teachers and staff
- Living in a comfortable environment
- Choice of duration and intensity of education
- Different level of language (available for children with poor knowledge of English).
This list is far from complete - simply because it is impossible to list all the advantages of vacation holidays in the UK! In many families, where knowledge and education are valued, there are already whole traditions - every year to go on a fun and exciting journey. Participants of summer schools, as a rule, make up 4 age groups, for each age has its own peculiarities, and therefore different methods are used:
- 3-7 years old
- 8-11 years old
- 12-15 years old
- 16-18 years old.
Participation of the youngest students, if their parents can not accompany them, does not cause any special problems, as guardianship is provided in the centers. Students are supervised around the clock by specially teached staff who, in addition, perfectly speak the child's native language and are in touch with his parents 24 hours a day. Possible round-the-clock or daytime stay in the center (the first type is more common). In general, the educational system is characterized by an easy and relaxed atmosphere, especially in comparison with standard school education. Language lessons, as a rule, do not take a lot of time, and are held 5 days a week before lunch; After lunch and on weekends, participants are engaged in sports / creativity / entertainment. The education is designed so that the load is perceived easily and painlessly. Professional teachers who have high qualifications and rich work experience create a comfortable, "home" atmosphere, where everyone receives individual attention and consultations, is not afraid to express their opinion and ask questions. Types of education are diverse and include:
- Standard courses to improve the level of English
- Preparation for passing tests and exams
- Preparation for admission to educational institutions.
Thanks to the well-developed program and the high professionalism of the staff, the students for a short time achieve significant progress in the level of the language (to a large extent this is facilitated by a complete language immersion).
Extra-curricular activities are important - because summer is a time of rest. Directions include:
- Sports. Classes are conducted by professional trainers in compliance with all safety rules. During the camp, you can significantly improve your skills in a particular sport, many programs are offered by prestigious schools that have international recognition
- Creative. Students are engaged in a certain kind of creativity / art. Here you can choose from the broadest list - from the theory of filmmaking and journalism to embroidering a cross.
- Scientific. Language classes alternate with occupations in certain sciences. Classes can be both cognitive / developmental, and professional - for example, for those who plan to enroll in educational institutions. Today, technical directions - such as robotics, computer science, the development of technology, modeling - are very popular.
- Recreation and entertainment. Sightseeing and tourist trips to various cities and towns of the country.
Besides, excursions, festivals, holidays and events are constantly organized. The camp staff take care that free evenings and weekends pass as much fun as possible. Each student learns a lot about Britain, its history and culture, way of life; acquires friends from all over the world.
There are several basic types of accommodation (depending on the camp):
- School / Center Residence
- Host family
- Individual placement (for example, for parent-child courses).
Accommodation and meals for students staying at the hostel are fully provided by the host country. On the full-time form of education, various options are possible, but all the same the student is provided with everything needed while in the center. There is also accommodation in the host family, which allows you to get to know the culture and rules of behavior closely, and also feel part of the English community. A large number of institutions offering summer courses, gives the opportunity to choose the preferred - from little-known to the most elite and prestigious. Examples of camps:
- Abbey DLD College London. Has a strong academic background and professional English courses
- Brighton College. Includes various activities for every day and full-day excursions on weekends; you can take Trinity
- PGL Boreatton Park. Directions: quiet rest, motorcycling, amusement parks, pony rides, rock climbing, the basics of driving, dancing, music, "espionage" course.
- Rossall School. Intensive + activities for children enrolled in educational institutions in Britain; from 1 to 8 weeks
- The King's School Ely. Academic orientation: human sciences, English, science, mathematics. Creative activities: playing musical instruments, jazz, hip-hop, art, chorus, saxophone, chess, design, photography. Sports: athletics, archery, hockey, football, tennis and others.
- Berkshire College. Participation is possible, both in summer and in the coming months, for example, in May and September. Directions: football, golf, Olympic program, tour of London, tour of the South of Britain, adaptation to the education system.
- King's College St Michael's England . Advanced English + excursions, trips, sports and creativity
- Academic Camp at the University of Cambridge. One of the most prestigious institutions. Specializes in the education of senior students.
- Stonyhurst College. Offers professional rugby training with the best trainers
- Summer camp PGL Liddington. Training on football, a significant development of the skills of playing in the team of peers
- Summer camp Bath (University of Bath). Children can choose classes from the list: travel, golf, horseback riding, theatrical art and dancing. There is an opportunity to take Trinity exams.
The cost of participation varies depending on the institution and starts from 200-300 £ per week (and grows to 1,700-2,000 £). The cost of education usually includes:
- English lessons
- Sport and creativity
- Excursions & Activities
- Educational materials.
It is worth considering that air tickets, visa processing, personal pocket expenses are paid separately. Parents / representatives must determine in advance the place and terms of study, since the demand for these courses in Britain is very large, and places in them are booked long before the beginning of summer. The following documents are required for admission:
- Passport and copy
- Recommendation from the teacher (if needed)
- Certificate of language level (if necessary)
- Application (usually submitted on the site of the school / center)
- Parental consent to compliance with the rules of conduct and participation (if necessary).
Summer schools in England - this is an excellent opportunity to raise the level of the language, relax, have fun and make new friends!