- Features of the language schools and camps in New York
- Accommodation options in New York, the organization of children's leisure and prices
- Leading summer schools in New York: programs and prices
- The American system of education highly values the independence and freedom of the individual. For a short period in the camp, students will have the opportunity to develop their leadership skills, learn to defend their point of view and conduct reasoned conversations in English
- Training in such a large, diverse city will expand the worldview, learn the culture of the United States, get to know people from different parts of the world. Here all the conditions for cultural enrichment: numerous monuments, museums and art galleries will attract talented creative people and will tell a lot of new things
- New York is a very convenient city with a developed transport network, which makes it easy to get to any of its points
- In New York, there is a special hospitable atmosphere, where visitors from abroad quickly adapt to the new environment
- Camps are located in green park areas with very comfortable living conditions
- Summer camps offer a wide range of programs for every taste and for any purpose.
Features of the language schools and camps in New York
As a rule, summer language camps work on the basis of language schools , private boarding schools and universities . You can choose a course for a period of 1 week. Combined camp programs consist of several areas:
- Linguistic program, which is suitable for advanced students, and for children with zero language knowledge. In the first lesson, students write a test for determining the level of language proficiency - on the basis of the received data they are divided into groups, so each child gets to equal conditions, where peers from other countries around him will be. The secret to the success of such programs is to completely immerse in the language environment. The guys begin to literally absorb information and in the shortest time master communicative skills. Students expect from 18 to 25 lessons weekly, and groups do not exceed 15 people. The form of education depends on the age characteristics of the students: for the youngest students, interactive lessons with a game form of instruction have been developed, older children receive academic load higher - they are taught to express their thoughts and give reason for their opinion. Many camps offer courses that include not only language lessons, but also an additional direction: sports, creative, scientific, there are courses for preparing for the passing of language examinations.
- The cultural and entertainment center has got acquainted with all the top-end attractions of New York: a walk through Manhattan, the Metropolitan Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, the American Museum of Natural History. Students go on trips to national parks, engage in active sports, climbing, kayaking. Many camps are located in the provinces of New York, which opens opportunities for exploring the local nature and hikes. In free from study and travel time, the guys are not left to themselves, but take an active part in the social life of the camp: parties are organized here, quizzes, sports tournaments.
Accommodation options in New York, the organization of children's leisure and prices
Children from abroad can be accommodated in host families or live in a student residence - both options guarantee safe living. All host families undergo special checks, and in residences there is always a guard and a representative of an educational institution.
Leading summer schools in New York: programs and prices
Examples of institutions
Features of the programs
Age of pupils
In the summer school there are English courses + basketball, as well as English + dancing and drama. Saint Peters University is an institution that specializes in the humanities and arts.
from $ 1566
The program introduces the cultural characteristics of America and allows you to feel yourself part of an elite boarding school. Favorable location in the heart of the city on the Wall-street will allow plenty to walk up Manhattan!
from 4500 $
Short-term courses will tell children about the magic of cinema: digital cinematography, scripting, management of the filming process.
from 1400 $ (7 days)
Program "Active English" for those wishing to cognitive rest. The lessons here are built in the form of discussions, games, trainings, the emphasis is on developing a communicative skill.
from 1460 $
Not the highest intensity - only 15 hours a week: this place is perfect for those who want to relax from the academic hustle and enjoy the summer holidays. The program is rich in entertainment, walks, games and excursions.
From 429 $