The summer camp in New York functions on the Concordia College campus in the Bronxville area. A prosperous green village is located in half an hour's drive from Central New York Station. The picturesque Bronxville is considered to be one of the cleanest and safest areas of the suburb of the Big Apple. Summer Camp Kings New York welcomes foreign students from all over the world. In the walls of presitigious Kings Summer Center international students from more than 30 countries are training. An intercultural environment is the main characterisitc of the camp, which s ideal for developing communicative skills of foreign students.
Short information. English course for students who want to improve their knowledge, develop communication skills in the language environment, cognitively relax in New York.
About the course. The program includes 15 lessons per week. Lessons are held in the format of games, trainings, discussions, and other interactive activities. The emphasis is on developing communication skills. Vocabulary students replenish directly in the process of communication on specific topics. The same goes for grammar.
Students age: 12 to 17.
Dates: July 5 to August 8, 2017
Admission requirements: English - from A1.
Learning outcomes: improvement of general language skills, fluency development and fluency of speech, pronunciation.
Class size: 15 people. 999.15]
Duration of the lesson: 45 minutes.
The cost includes: studies, activities, excursions, three meals a day, accommodation.
Registration fee: $ 165
Foreign students live on campus in double comfortable rooms. Bathrooms and toilets are located on the floors. Also in the building there are rest rooms, self-studying rooms. Three meals in a day are organized in the camp. On excursion days, there is a packed lunch.
At leisure time, international students can have fun with various sports games (American football, tennis, baseball, basketball, volleyball), swimming in the pool, participating in amateur competitions. Creative students will enjoy mugs of arts and crafts, dramas. Entertainment program includes discos, movie nights, fashion shows, and much more.
Excursions for students are organized in the most interesting areas of New York. During summer training courses, foreign students can visit Broadway, Times Square, visit the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building, stroll through the Central Park.
Lessons are held before lunch. Most of the day is devoted for entertainment and extra-curricular activities.
The camp has spacious auditoriums, a computer center with Wi-Fi, a dining room, a sports infrastructure (playgrounds and fields, a tennis court). There are also dance, art and theater studios on the territory.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.