- Education in York schools: primary school programs in the UK for foreign students
- Education and the cost of studying middle-class programs in York
- Studying in York for international students: individual programs, courses and unique opportunities
Decide to start studying in York can be a hard process: a new environment for the child, the high cost of studying in York and not quite the usual climate. But do not be afraid - according to The Sunday Times, York is considered the best place to live in the the UK. This is a very picturesque city with Roman roots and historical heritage of the Normans. Today, ancient walls are surrounded by modern shops and colourful snack bars, and every month a new or regular festival is held here. Ideally located halfway between London and Edinburgh, York is different from any other British city with its magnificent Yorkshire valleys and hills. There are 30 TOP museums of the world level and the best racecourse in the country.
The system of academic education in York meets the standards of the UK and is divided into 4 levels:
- Kindergarten (from 0-3 years old) and pre-school kindergarten (age 3-4 years),
- Primary education (4-11 years),
- Secondary education (11-18 years),
- Higher education (18+).
Education in York schools: primary school programs in the UK for foreign students
Schools in York accept foreign children for preschool development programs from a small age - from 3 years and even with insufficient language proficiency. In primary school classes, children get an idea of the world around them in an easy game form. Great attention is paid to all sorts of activities for children, because they are at this age restless and very energetic. To use the advantages of this age with the maximum benefit for the development of the child, prestigious private schools organize swimming, physical education and dancing. Children are always under the supervision of the best educators, who protect their safety. The cost of studying in York in junior classes is from 12196 £ for one trimester. The price includes accommodation, often corresponding to the level of a five-star hotel, and meals, organized by the best chefs from different countries.
Education and the cost of studying middle-class programs in York
By the age of 11, schoolchildren complete rimary education and move to secondary school. At this stage, students are studying three compulsory subjects for which they will have to take exams to obtain a GCSE certificate, but apart from them, elite private schools in York offer a choice of more than 70 optional subjects. This will allow the child to determine his future profession and it is easier to pass the pre-university preparation.
- As part of the Queen Ethelburga's College Middle School, for example, it boasts a strong language component. Leading experts teach here in addition to European languages, in Turkish, Chinese and Arabic.
- Queen Ethelburga's College is equipped with the best sports complex in the country among TOP boarding schools, so the sportsmen are provided with a special academic program International EPDP, which combines 3-4 A-levels with professional training in rugby or netball. Studying A-level program costs £ 15,368 a trimester, taking into account accommodation and meals on campus.
- For example, for English teachers who wish to confirm their qualifications abroad, in York there is an opportunity to receive training and certification of CELTA. The four-week course at the prestigious Hampstead School of English York includes English classes aimed at developing pedagogical skills of working with foreign students. As a result, the student will expand his knowledge of the teaching English as a foreign language and will receive a corresponding certificate that will allow him to work as an English teacher in any country in the world. The program is available for foreign students over the age of 18 with a high level of English proficiency, and the availability of pedagogical education is not a mandatory requirement.
A-level (12th and 13th grades of the school) is not included in the compulsory academic program of secondary education in England, but it plays a key role in the student's admission to the university. At the age of 16 to 18, students are preparing for full secondary education, which will open their doors to TOP universities abroad and within the country.
Studying in York for international students: individual programs, courses and unique opportunities
Learning is a continuous process of self-improvement at any age. In private schools and the best language centers in York, you can select special programs during summer for adults and children, tuition fees start from £ 229 per week. Such programs are great for effectively combining leisure and study abroad.
The decision to start and continue studying abroad is always an important and serious step, determining future career opportunities, personal and professional success. SMAPSE experts are always available for you to help you make the right choice and clarify all the complex aspects of submitting documents for those who wish to study in York.