Education abroad is an excellent chance to build a future career. Education in the US is distinguished not only by the high level of academic education, but also by the immense prestige of American schools and universities. Also, America is considered one of the countries with advanced teaching methods and educational programs, one of the best technical bases for education, is distinguished by highly qualified teachers.
Education in America has several advantages:
- The language of instruction. Continuous use of English in everyday and scientific activities makes it possible to gain rich practical experience.
- Prestigiousness. The popularity and rich history of US educational institutions is the guarantor of a high level of educational programs, which have been recognized all over the world.
- Career. Learning in the United States provides great opportunities for building a successful career in the future.
- Personal qualities. American education is aimed at developing individual learner potential, creative and sports skills.
- Practice. Educational programs in the US allow you to gain practical experience in the chosen field and establish the necessary business connections.
New York is one of the largest and most popular cities in the US and the world, including among students. This city is known as the financial capital of the planet, which presents students with an excellent opportunity to build a career in the chosen area. In this city there is a huge number of schools, colleges and universities. In New York, you can find universities with a narrow specialty that give quality education in a certain area for American and foreign students. Students can enjoy a huge number of world-famous attractions and museums, get acquainted with the culture and traditions of America.
Education after 8, 9 grades
After graduation 8 or 9 class, foreign students can enter the 9th or 10th grade in America, respectively. Secondary education in America can be obtained in several types of schools:
Foreign students, like American students, can enroll in one of the presented educational programs:
American High School Diploma is an American educational program, after which students receive a diploma of full secondary education. The full course of this program is 4 years. American students study various disciplines during 9-12 grades. Completion of education for this program occurs after the completion of 6 basic exams and several courses of work in various disciplines. The choice of disciplines for writing research works depends on the policy of the school.
Another option for foreign students is the IB Diploma, an international undergraduate program, which has been recognized all over the world. This program is aimed at in-depth study of 6 basic subjects necessary for further education in the chosen profession. The course includes both academic disciplines and creative subjects.
Another option offered by American schools is education on educational programs adopted in a certain state.
Usually the main requirement for applicants is knowledge of English at the level of IELTS 4.5 - 5.0. Any of the educational programs ends with the passing of final exams, the results of which influence the choice of the university.
TOP-10 the best schools in New York:
- High School of American Studies at Lehman College
- Manhattan Bridges High School
- High School Math Science and Engineering at CCNY
- Staten Island Technical High School
- High School for Dual Language and Asian Studies
- Townsend Harris High School
- Queens High School for the Sciences at York College
- Bronx High School of Science
- New Explorations Into Science, Tech and Math High School
- Jericho Senior High School.
Education in New York is considered one of the most expensive. Its cost can vary from 35,000 $ - 80,000 $ per year, depending on the prestige of the school.
Education after 10 grade
American schools offer the Advanced Placement (AP) program for foreign students who finished grade 10 at home. This course is aimed at preparing for the university and is 2 years. The results of this program are accepted not only in America, but also in Canada, the United Kingdom and other countries.
Usually the program includes the following disciplines:
- National language (English)
- English literature
- Foreign language
- Computer science
Successful exams give an opportunity to enter popular universities around the world.
Education after 11 grade
After receiving a certificate of full secondary education at home, foreign students can enroll in US universities.
Usually the following documents are required for admission:
- Report card for the last 2 years
- TOEFL test
- Motivation letter
- Recommendations from the class teacher and other teachers
- Award for creative, athletic and academic success.
To enter the most prestigious universities, you may need to pass the SAT test.