TAFE are Australia's technical educational institutions, united by a common goal and mission: to obtain qualified and modern professional education by Australian citizens and foreigners. Students are taught a specific profession chosen upon admission - most of the classes are practical for obtaining and consolidating skills.
After graduating from college, a graduate receives a certificate or diploma of assigning a certain qualification in his / her profession - employers in Australia and other countries show great interest in TAFE graduates, since they have high rates of work. Studying takes place in many areas:
- Hotel business
- Health and beauty
- Information Technology
- Design and others.
- High level of education and practical skills
- Internship at Australian companies
- Hassle-free admission to universities in the country after college
- Minimum number of people in groups
- A wide choice of programs
- Relatively affordable cost
- No need to take entrance tests.
All that is required for admission is a school certificate: if you have poor knowledge of English, you should additionally sign up for language courses at the college. TAFE is a government institution: students receive a scholarship - both excellent students and people from poor families.
TAFE has a credit-modular system: students earn points during the course, which allows them not to pass the final exams - this stimulates stable learning throughout the course.
A number of educational programs are encouraging to get an internship in an Australian company: it is paid, but still the main plus is in experience and in a significant plus when compiling a resume.
Who can benefit from TAFE studying?
- Applicants who graduated from school
- Adults who need a certificate or diploma in their field of work
- Applicants wishing to obtain a bachelor and master diploma, but not spend large amounts when studying at the university
- Those who wish can easily enter the second year of university after graduating from college.
Transfer to the university is possible subject to the chosen specialty: this is how entrants receive a prestigious education in Australia without passing entrance exams.
TAFE Educational Levels
- Certificate of I-IV degree: a graduate will be able to occupy junior positions by profession (assistant worker, hairdresser, and so on) - the course lasts 6-18 months, the student receives the necessary knowledge and practice.
- Diploma: the course lasts 12-24 months, its completion allows you to occupy more significant specialties in different companies.
- Advanced diploma: the course lasts 18-30 months and provides even more opportunities for a future career. There are interesting directions, for example, a helicopter pilot.
- Bachelor or Master Degree: studies last from 3 to 6 years. This is the most prestigious college diploma, which makes it possible to continue studying at the university and occupy high positions in their specialty.
Cost of education
TAFE offers dozens of programs - the cost depends on the duration of the course, the complexity of specialization and other nuances:
- At TAFE budget colleges, the cost of the course is from 3250 AUD to 22000 AUD: here you can learn to become a specialist in the field of services, accounting, engineering, etc.
- In top TAFE colleges, the cost of the course is from 3200 AUD to 60000 AUD: prestigious specialties in the field of dentistry, aviation, etc. are available.
An applicant must be at least 17 years old (for a number of programs - 18 years) and be fluent in English. If the knowledge of the language is insufficient, in budget colleges you can take courses at a price of 230 AUD per week - a large selection of programs for the duration and intensity depending on the initial knowledge and the desired result. Language courses at top TAFE colleges range from 270 AUD to 440 AUD per week.
You can live in a college residence, in a host family, or in a rented apartment: weekly costs range from 370 AUD, including meals and other related expenses.
TAFE is popular among Australians and international students: most receive a certificate of I degree and are transferred to a prestigious university - this increases the chances for studying at the best universities in Australia, where they will provide modern knowledge and opportunities for a successful career.