- The advantages of studying in Boston for foreign students
- Pre-school and secondary education in the US for students
- Pre-university courses in Boston
- Higher education for students
- Postgraduate education
- Language Programs for students
- Summer programs for students
- How to choose the best place to study in Boston
- Cost of study in Boston
- Examples of educational institutions for students
Boston is the capital of the state of Massachusetts, a developed and modern city of the United States, which according to unofficial data is called the educational center for higher education and is famous for its large number of colleges and universities with high rankings. Boston is distinguished by its student atmosphere, because foreign students are happy to choose this city for study at any stage of education. The city is located on the Atlantic coast. Students from all over the world come here: the international environment favorably influences the development of language skills, as pupils daily communicate with representatives of different nationalities, gain new experience and develop their independence.
The advantages of studying in Boston for foreign students
In Boston, you can get a quality education at any stage of education in long-term or short-term programs. Learning bonuses in the USA:
- high level of education;
- native English speakers;
- a large selection of educational institutions;
- location of Boston on the coast;
- the opportunity to obtain a visa or work permit.
Pre-school and secondary education in the US for students
The system of pre-school education is teaching in the game of writing and reading: children learn to count, engage in general development and are constantly under the care of educators. Kindergartens are visited by children aged 3 to 6 years.
From elementary school, the children's acquaintance with the American system of education begins: according to the laws of the states of America, students are enrolled in school at the age of 5 to 7 years and get secondary education for 12 classes. In elementary school students learn the basics of spelling, grammar, algebra, and have a number of other compulsory subjects.
Throughout the whole period of secondary school, the number of profile subjects is gradually increasing every year, students can choose courses on interests or study subjects that are necessary for admission to the university.
At the end of high school, students receive a diploma of High School Diploma and during the last 2 years of study they have an opportunity to pass a preparatory program before the university, including an in-depth study of profile subjects - Advanced Placement.
Pre-university courses in Boston
Many students are forced to attend preparatory programs because of differences in the educational systems of different countries or in the absence of necessary foreign or academic students' academic or linguistic skills for admission to universities. Types of pre-university courses:
- University Transfer Program;
- University Pathway Program;
- International Baccalaureate.
Higher education for students
Boston's universities rank high on the top lists of educational institutions around the world and have excellent reviews from their graduates. Popular directions of universities for obtaining a bachelor's degree:
- medical specialties;
- biological sciences;
- biomedical sciences;
- Information Technology.
Types of programs after receiving a bachelor's degree:
- professional courses.
A variation on MBA:
- Partial Time (Part-Time);
- online MBA course.
Language Programs for students
In Massachusetts, where the official language is English, linguistic courses are common: all teachers are native speakers, have their own teaching methods so that all students of the language school can quickly improve the level of knowledge of a foreign language. Preparation for language exams can be very different:
- GRE .
Linguistic courses are available for students of all ages even with low level of English language knowledge.
Additional directions during study at the language school:
- school of leadership;
- lessons for students from 50 years;
- English for Medicine;
- business English;
- English for Students;
- business courses.
Education is available in groups or individually + different forms of education can be combined and make up for yourself a comfortable schedule of classes.
Summer programs for students
In Boston, students can perfectly spend their summer holidays, combining study and rest: schools and camps offer a large selection of linguistic and entertainment courses, where in addition students can daily engage in outdoor sports, creative activities, immerse themselves in the cultural environment, travel.
Accommodation is available on a full board or full-time basis. Young students around the clock are under the supervision of experienced teachers and educators, because America has always been characterized by a high standard of living and security.
Particular attention should be paid to summer courses organized at popular and elite universities - for example, the summer school at Harvard University, where during the summer holidays students can earn educational loans for further admission to the university.
How to choose the best place to study in Boston
Everyone who wants to study in Boston will find an interesting direction from a wide variety of schools, colleges, universities, courses and programs. For the selection of the program by professionals, please contact the representatives of SMAPSE: experts will find for free the best direction for you and enroll for the course. SMAPSE clients do not pay a commission for admission - experts work on partner agreements with the best international educational institutions.
Cost of study in Boston
- Average classes - 15,800 $ / semester
- Senior classes - from 22,000 $ / semester
- Foundation - from 22,320 $ / semester
- International Baccalaureate - from 22,000 $ / semester
- University Transfer Program - from 15,000 $ / semester
- University Pathway Program - from 300 $ / week
- Bachelor's degree - from 13,500 $ / semester
- Master's program - starting at 16,500 $ / semester
- MBA - 96,626 $ / 2 years
- General English course - from 800 $ / week.
Examples of educational institutions for students
- Curry College is a college that has the status of not just a classical university, but also a research center where 90% of teachers have the title of Doctor of Science. The college offers the University Transfer Program, after which you can get a bachelor's degree in business management, media and communication, education, academic English, health, biology, ecology, information technology, philosophy, sociology, psychology, and visual arts, education in magistracy. The cost of education is from 13,500 $ / semester.
- English Language Center (ELC) Boston is a prestigious and popular English language center in Boston, specializing in language lessons. Here you can prepare for the language exams FCE, CAE, IELTS, TOEFL, and for those preparing to enter the university, the University Pathway Program preparatory program is available. For adults: business English and specialized classes for older people from 50 years old. For children courses are offered for the period of winter or summer holidays, students from 16 years old can attend the English + yoga course. The cost of study is from 300 $ / week.
- Harvard Summer School - Harvard University Summer School belongs to the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and is considered one of the most popular and quality seasonal programs in America. The summer program fully meets the highest standards of Harvard University: its duration is 3 or 7 weeks, the participation cost is from 8,500 $ / 3 weeks. For students, a pleasant bonus is the opportunity to earn educational loans for admission to a college or university - on average 20% of the participants in the summer program choose Harvard University for a bachelor's degree
- Cushing Academy Boston is a private boarding school with a wide variety of programs for foreign students: senior classes, summer STEM program with in-depth study of natural and exact sciences, engineering, mathematics, summer leadership school, engineering program, with a scientific bias, design and art , preparation for SAT and TOEFL. The average cost of education on short-term programs is 10,395 $ / 5 weeks, for long-term programs 29,875 $ / semester.